Trauma

8:00 AM
The day had started like any other. Annabeth woke up to daylight streaming through the bedroom window, with Percy's heavy arm draped over her midsection and his naked chest to her bare back. It was Sunday, and 24 year old Annabeth didn't have to go into work, so she turned to face her fiancé and snuggled in closer to him.

"Nngh," Percy moaned, his grip on Annabeth tightening. She laughed softly and entangled her legs with his.

"Good morning sleepy," she whispered, kissing the tip of his nose. "Time to wake up."

Percy groaned, rolling over on his right side, facing away from Annabeth. "Time to sleep, you mean. It's too early."

Annabeth peppered light kisses all over Percy's back, causing him to squirm. "Pleeeeease. We can make pancakes for breakfast."

A moment of silence passed. Annabeth frowned. That usually got him.

Percy turned around with one eye cracked open and a lazy grin on his lips. "Miss Chase, you know me too damn well."

Annabeth couldn't help but giggle as Percy gave her a deep morning kiss, the kind that tingled all the way to her toes.

The day really had started out normally.
________________________________
8:30 AM
After some fooling around, Annabeth and a very shirtless Percy stumbled into the kitchen of their shared apartment.

Percy began to flutter around, opening cupboards and drawers to start on breakfast. Annabeth fingered the hem of the cornflower blue shirt she'd stolen from him, sending her thanks to the gods that allowed her the luxury of watching his back muscles flex as he reached for something high up.

Percy suddenly turned around with a sly grin. "Are you checking me out Miss Chase?"

Annabeth blushed. "Shut up, Seaweed Brain."

"Listen Wise Girl, I know I'm irresistibly hot, but I really need some eggs and milk right now."

Annabeth swatted Percy's shoulder as she passed him on the way to the fridge. She gave him the milk and eggs, and then a little something sweet too.
________________________________
10:00 AM
"Hey Wise Girl?" Percy called out from the love seat. Annabeth could hear the sports channel was on.

"Yeah?" Annabeth replied, her voice muffled from behind closed doors.

"I got called in! My shift starts in 10 minutes okay?"

Annabeth wheeled herself away from her desk and craned her neck out the door of her office. "Alright! Stay safe!"

"Aye aye captain!" Percy saluted at her and then winked. Annabeth rolled her eyes. What an idiot. She waited about five seconds for Percy to say it.

"Babe! Where are my keys?"
________________________________
12:30 PM
Annabeth groaned as she stretched her stiff muscles. She'd been sketching up designs for two straight hours; she figured she deserved a break. Her clients asked for the most absurd things sometimes, but Annabeth was known for getting things done.

She checked the clock hanging from the opposite wall. It was 12:30, and Percy wouldn't be home for another four hours or so. Just as Annabeth was mourning having to start sketching again, her stomach growled loudly. She could use an egg salad sandwich.

Rising, Annabeth's feet made padded thuds against the hallway floor as she made her way towards the kitchen. Looking in the fridge, Annabeth was dismayed to see there were no eggs. They'd used the last of them this morning. Actually, there wasn't much of anything in the fridge.