Putting an end to it all

/With the Decepticons/
Megatron jumped up from the medical berth desperately looking round for his mate. Almost immediately, Knockout and Breakdown ran to their Lord's side.
"Lord Megatron you must calm down! Soundwave is fine he has just gone for a flight!" Knockout reassured.
"Then I must find him and see him for myself," the warlord replied, walking out of Medbay. Knockout and Breakdown looked worriedly at each other.
"Shockwave?" Breakdown asked.
"Shockwave," Knockout confirmed.

/With the Autobots/

Optimus walked into the main room where the three children were sat on the couch watching a movie. He looked around for his mate but only to find that Ratchet wasn't there.
"Have you three seen Ratchet anywhere?" The Prime asked.
"Not since you told him to go for a drive and relax," Jack replied.
"If it's any help, his coordinates will be on the computer," Raf added. Optimus nodded and headed over to the computer and like Raf had said Ratchet's coordinates were there. He put them into the ground bridge and went through.

/With Soundwave And Ratchet/

Both the mechs were sat on a large rock laughing at a story that Ratchet had told. However when they had calmed down, Ratchet asked, "Soundwave why are we even fighting? I mean you and are are from different factions and here we are having a friendly conversation, I mean what's the point?". Soundwave looked at him for a moment before staring into the with a look of sadness.
"Megatron would ask for a truce but he believes that Optimus will never forgive him for all he has done. I mean I've stuck with him for a very long time, even before he and Orion met and I know that he feels guilty for doing all that stuff. He was younger then and didn't really think about what he was doing but now... that's his biggest regret," The communications officer answered.

Ratchet was taken aback by this. He didn't expect that was the reason Megatron wouldn't call for a truce, he thought it was his decepticon pride that held him back but obviously that wasn't the case.
"Optimus wants a truce too you know but he just doesn't want to look like and idiot. He think Megatron's pride will stop him from agreeing but now I see that wouldn't be the case," the medic said.
"Yes well as you said we have stubborn mates," Soundwave answered. This made them both chuckle.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of a jet. It looked familiar, it was a purple and grey Cybertronian Jet. Which meant it could only be one mech. Megatron. When the silver mech transformed, Soundwave walked over to him not believing it was him at first.
"Soundwave my darli-," Megatron started. He suddenly felt the smaller mech slap the side of his helm. He looked back at his lover as the silent con now had a smile on his face. He hugged Megatron and kissed his cheek.
"'Tron your alive! You scared me you aft! Don't you ever go into a battle without backup again and I mean it!" Soundwave said sternly. The warlord chuckled at his mates little outburst and hugged him back.
"Yes I've missed you too 'Wave. Now what am I going to do with the medic," he replied, finally noticing Ratchet. He unleashed his blade but Soundwave stopped him.
"Megatron it's okay, he's not here to fight and we've just be talking about some stuff. No I haven't revealed any decepticon plans, nor has he told me any autobot ones. We have just been have a friendly conversation so there is no need to harm him," The communications officer stated.

Then they here the sound of a truck approaching. Optimus. They all turned to face the red and blue mech, worry in Soundwave and Ratchet's faces and Megatron's face held a neutral expression.
"Ratchet are you okay?! Have they harmed you?" The Prime asked, also unleashing him swords. Ratchet put his hands on the Prime's chest, stopping him from attacking the other two.
"No Optimus they haven't harmed me, myself and Soundwave were just relaxing and having a conversation. No need to worry and actually me and Soundwave have something to say don't we Soundwave," he replied looking to the purple mech.
"Indeed we do. We'd like for you both to put an end to the war," the small con stated. Both leaders looked a little shocked.

Megatron was the first to recover from the shock and was the first to answer.
"Soundwave we have talked about this I can't ask Optimus to forgive me, I don't deserve it as much as I would love to put a stop to all the fighting, I betrayed him and he hates me for that," The silver mech said. Now Optimus was even more shocked. Megatron wanted to end the war, but he thought Optimus didn't?
"Actually Megatron I want to call a truce as well, I just thought your 'Decepticon pride' would get in the way of you agreeing," the autobot leader. Both leaders looked embarrassed while their mates with smug smiles on their faces.

"Talk about being a dumb aft," Soundwave sneered, making himself and Ratchet laugh. The others eventually laughed too.
"Well Optimus it's official, when shall we meet and talk about the terms," The decepticon leader said, offering his hand to Optimus for him to shake. To which the Prime shook.
"Tomorrow morning, I'll send you the coordinates," the red and blue mech responded.

* le time skip*

Megatron led the decepticon officers into a warehouse where the autobots and some human government officials where sat. They sat on large crates, with Megatron and Soundwave sat in front of the others. The autobots also sat on large crates but with Optimus and Ratchet sat in front. Ratchet grinned and waved at the silent con, to which he returned except he had his visor on.

The meeting began with the two leader discussing the terms that each factions had to follow. It ended with the two leaders signing a form that announced the end of the war and they shook hands. Soundwave and Ratchet high-fived each other and the silent con whispered something to the medic which made the older boy smile.
"Before we leave Soundwave has an announcement," Ratchet said. They all looked at him. With a deep breath he took off his visor and showed his face to all the other Cybertronians in the room. There were many gasps but Soundwave ignored them.
"Now that the war is over I shall no longer be wearing my visor or stay silent or use my secondary vocaliser. It will just be my face and my normal voice from now on," he stated, slightly smiling. He saw most of the ex-cons grinning at him and approved his decision.

He turned to Ratchet and thanked him. Both of their mates came up and gave them a huge kiss as a thank you for a push in the right direction and Megatron gave Soundwave an extra kiss for being brave and revealing his face and voice. Cheering could be heard from each faction and even some humans (mainly Agent Fowler and the kids).

For the first time in centuries every Cybertronian was happy. That's the way they wanted it to stay forever. But as they say, nothing lasts forever. Or does it?

Hey guys so I'm back again with another chapter like oof! I loved writing this one and don't worry this isn't the end I have much more planned for this book and I can't wait to write it!!!! Anyway byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeee!! 😘😘