29

Positivity Corner:

Say people you don't care to their face.

(18 months later)

Rodericko's idea of a diner turned out to be great. Within the next two months, after receiving a small business loan I started to make preparations for my diner.

It was not all pink and checkered table cloths like Rico suggested but it was homey and quite plushy for people to come in and have a nice meal with this family in the weekends.

We mostly served native cuisines and deserts. In a mess of thousands of foreign restaurants with foreign cuisines I felt like something native and country like would bring back people the home-like feeling. And so that's what we did. We served handmade wine from Sangiovese grapes and all types of pasta and rice dishes in 'Buona Volontà' which in the literal English translation meant Goodwill.

Rico and papa and I while looking for the name of the diner started finding random English words and translated them to Italian...which in a few days started to become a bit of fun activity. Then at last papa suggested 'Papa Goodwill' in half joking manner.

Which Rico said only goodwill translated to Italian would be Buona Volontà. And that was fine by me so I picked that and in some more days after the loan was sanctioned I started the business.

The loan was in my father's and Rico's eye unecessary. Papa said he had enough money to buy a chain of restaurants and Rico said I could just use my shares that papa insisted I had on the business, I declined...because for once in my life I wanted to be someone of my own.

I wanted to do something on my own without any help from anyone, so I applied for loan, mind you Rico kept singing about much interest I had to pay to the bank and it would be too much loss then profit and with an eye roll I ignored him every time which in return he said "You're fat."

Rico was with increasing time being more annoying. Everyday for lunch he'd show up ask for something and won't pay but flirt with Isa, a young waitress who was only eighteen, still studying and working to pay her school bills.

But every lunch I came out of the little plush office to the kitchens to make Rico's lunch since he throws a fit everytime one of the elderly chefs who are so good in making native dishes then me will make something for him...of course that would be after I went home. He won't do that kind of kid-like behaviour Infront of a number of people.

On the other hand he would have the cakes and pastries made by the chefs to heart's content because according to him I didn't have the talent for 'heavenly tasks'

Sometime I feel Rico was still a teenager then a grown adult. And it drove me nuts quite constantly

And as to my normal routine I went up to the kitchen tying up my dust-pink apron over my blue shirt as I found an entry counter and decided to make Arancini which was basically fired rice balls.