"You think he cares about you?! He's probably looking for more power. He'll steal this organization from you in the name of his gangs one day, and I don't want to see it. I don't want to see you broken." His grip tightens again.

"He didn't even know who I was when he picked me up and choose me." She deadpans.

"I really just love your daughter." I state, with the little air I'm able to breathe.

Alexander scoffs.

"You've got her so brainwashed, but after you leave her life I can save her. Make her and her mother happy."

"Just like before, right Dad?" Rose remarks.

"If you force me to leave here today, without Rose, I'll just keep coming back. I need her. I love her." I state, looking at Rose. She stares right at me and her forehead wrinkles, like it always does when she's worried. How cute.

"Then die for her." He pushes me out of the headlock and points his gun right at my heart.

I don't move. Dropping my gun, I grab the tip of his gun and pull it to rest on my chest.

"If killing me will prove to you I love your daughter, then shoot." I look into his eyes, more determined than I've ever been.

"Ryder!" Rose shouts.

"No, Rose, I have to do this. I know how much you care about him, so I'll whatever I can to get his approval. Youd be more hurt if I didn't." I say this, still staring into her father's eyes, daring him to question my love.

His finger twitches on the trigger, as he slowly begins pushing back on it. I stay in the same position, never looking away. I do love her and I do need her.

Alexander chuckles, pulling the gun from my chest and nodding.

"I guess you're right, Rose, he does love you. In all my years, no one has ever stared death in the face as if he were challenging it. I'll let you two go. I just had to make sure." He smiles sadly and steps onto the near by altar.

Firing three shots in the air, the fighting stops and everyone looks to him.

"We're done here. I've caused my daughter enough pain. Everyone retreat."

The men say a collective 'yes sir' and file out the church.

My men look to me and I nod. They file out as well hopping back into the cars and vans.

It's finally over and I'm going home with the love of my life.

Rose

My father walks towards my mom and they both look to me. Waving shyly, they walk to the exit.

"Rose."

Ryder wraps his arms around me and squeezes me tight to his chest. I do the same. I'm leaving this cursed place, with Ryder. I can't stop the beaming smile that settles on my face.

"Rose!" Caleb, it sounds like shouts, as he runs towards me.

"Hu-"

A gunshot goes off just as he reaches me and he falls to the ground. I pull away from Ryder and get on the floor, with Caleb. He just took a bullet for me. Who the-?

I look up and see a Busken member, readying his gun, aiming at me to shoot.

I pull out my own gun, but not before he shoots again, getting me in my arm, as I drop the gun.

Ryder fires his gun and the man drops dead.

"Rose, your arm! Fuck!" Ryder rips his shirt and wraps my arm.

I focus on Caleb and watch as blood seeps from his chest.

"Why the fuck would you do that, stupid?" I try putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, while Ryder yells at someone to call an ambulance.

"I... was finally useful to you. I told you I love you. I wasn't lying about...that." He breathes out.

My heart races in my chest and I begin to breathe faster.

This isn't what was supposed to happen. Caleb can't die.

"Stop talking, you'll be okay. Just shut up." I say, nodding, mostly reassuring myself.

"You do...care about me. I'm happy...I can die happy now." He reaches up weakly to graze my cheek.

"Hang on, you can't die. Just listen to me. Please!"

"I'm sorry...for everything I did." With that, his arm drops and so does my heart.
_________________________________________
2.42M

6/26/19

Yeah guys I'm really stressed rn so I'll get back to yall later. Love yall tho. Big love.

Ciao.