-Pity

Ryder

The clock ticks twelve noon and the men that have arrived, already no longer fit in the living room space and some are scattered throughout the kitchen and dining room.

I look around at the huge growing crowd and almost smile. Seeing all of these people, not even half, not even a quarter of what my father's fathers built, including even my dad shows how strong they were and what good leaders they became.

The some that disagreed had their reasons and those who didn't, during the calling process, were let go and cut off from us completely.

Loyalty rewards, those who come out and survive will always be in my family's care, for generations if I have any say. They're helping me get back the pillar holding this gang and myself up.

Lucas walks through the front door and nods at me, saying all those who can come within the day, are here.

I get up from the couch and step on to the coffee table. All eyes turn to me and the gang quiets down.

"You guys already know why you're here? For Rose." I look around.

They nod.

"Then I'll skip the speech and get right into how things are going to be done. We've wasted enough time waiting. First, we'll start with the basics. If you do good enough you'll become an instructor. Lucas and I will teach you specific moves to counter the enemy and you will teach your group them as well as general offense and defense." I say, as my voice seems to resound throughout the crowd.

"Who are we fighting?" A guy from the West Coast branch asks.

"A mafia organization called the Killats and their allies. They live in Venice, Italy and are known for their trade and return policy, where they let someone trade something or someone important to them for a large amount of money. If they dont come back for them, the item is usually destroyed and the person is hunted. But when a person is traded and abandoned, they become slaves and are sold to underground buyers, and the trader is still hunted and killed. That's the kind of people we're dealing with. Cold blooded killers. Scared yet?" The group remains silent and stunned.

A pause begins.

"Finally, a real fight!!!" Someone hollers from the crowd and shouts erupt in agreement.

I scoff at the scene as Ethan elbows my calf from the ground where he stands. I crouch down and Ethan beams at the crowd.

"I guess we've made them bored. Time to stir them up again." He smirks and joins the yelling force.

They're all willing to fight for you Rose. No one hesitates.

I stand back up and motion for the crowd to be quiet. They wait, all looking up at me with determined gazes.

"Let's start then."

People shout with excitement and some even jump. The air is packed with anticipation.

I finally understand why Rose held back. All these people have lives and with one word from me, they're willing to lay them down, even lose them.

Rose is the perfect queen. She was thinking of the people while I was blinded by my love for her. I still only care about her safety, I fail as a leader but I know my priorities. She comes first, no matter how I look at it.

The crowd all filter outside for the skill check and I follow close behind them.

Your plan is just beginning, I'm listening to everything you left me. Don't hurt yourself over there in Italy, I know you'll do something to combat your father, that's who you are. Just be careful for me. Please.

I won't do all this just to lose you, so don't do anything too big. I hope this slient prayer reaches you somehow, and protects you.

Rose

"Come closer, I don't want them to hear anything."

"R-really?"

"Yes, really. Don't touch me though." I pat the spot next to me and flash a smile.

Caleb nods and sits eagerly, getting on the bed and sitting crisscross-applesauce next to me. He smiles at me like a child and his eyes twinkle.

He'd be cute if he didn't bring me here. We would've been friends. Maybe if we get outta here, he can start over without his family in his ears. He'll actually start living his own life and stop believing the bullshit his father fed him.

I don't want to feel bad for him but I can't help it, it's kinda my fault he's like this. If I hadn't run away, we'd be together by now. I don't think I'd love him though, not like I love Ryder.

"Rose? Why are you looking at me like that?" Caleb waves his hand in front of my face and I blink, snapping out of my thoughts.

"No reason, how many did you get?" I turn towards him.

"33 men and 9 maids from my place. I'm sure I could get more. It's only been a day."

I nod.

"Good. I'll see if I can trust them."

With an inside force, I'll get the information I need to turn this place inside out. I'm bored staying in this room everyday. Why does everyone lock me up in some stupid room after they kidnap me? A jail cell would be more amusing.

A sudden touch on my face causes me to flinch back and interrupts my thinking. I look up and Caleb leans in, inches from my face.

"What...?"

He seems in a daze as he stares deep into my eyes. His hand grabs mine and he smiles.

"I'm happy I'm helping you. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm doing something for myself. Being selfish. Getting to sit next to you on a bed like this wasn't what I expected. I thought you'd hate me for taking you."

Awkwardly, I push his hand off of mine.

"I don't blame you. I would've been just like you if I had stayed, doing what my parents wanted. Lucky I had someone supporting me, you didn't." I pull a grin at him and push at his chest.

He looks down sadly and nods.

"You have me and everyone on our side now supporting you, you're not alone anymore. Not to sound sentimental or anything but you're a good guy and you deserve to live how you want, everyone does." I pat his shoulder.

He sits tense, staring at me again.

"Can I live with you?"

His childlike eyes has guilt crawling up my spine.

"...you can come back to the gang. I'll explain to Ryder for you."

That's the best I can offer.

He nods.

"I'll go. Your dad will be suspicious if I stay too long. Bye, I'll come when I can." He gets up and waves as he leaves.

I sigh and swing my feet off my bed.

Ryder I'm waiting, and I'm getting ready too. We'll do this together.

I'll stand with you.
______________________________________

1.41M

3/4/19

Sorry I'm so late guys frfr I'm actually putting this book up on another site called ficfun just wanted you guys thoughts. Would you read it there for money? Just wondering.

Thanks so much for the support. I love you guys soo much.

I'm still thinking of changing the word gangmother to Rae. Should I? Yes for yes, no for no.

Thats all for today.

Ciao.