-Fault

Rose

The car stops and I focus, pulling back from my daze.

I look outside and see a jet. I open the door, step out, and stretch. I hate road trips.

I look around and my eyebrows frow.

No airport sits near us. We're in the middle of nowhere with a private jet.

"I thought we had a flight at 11:50 am. At an airport." I question Caleb, who walks around the car.

The open road ahead of us spans out and he stops in front of me with a smirk on his face.

"I did schedule a flight, for you and I at the airport to Brazil, so that anyone looking would find that, instead of this. I know how Ryder works, he ran right to Will when he got suspicious, we saw and heard everything. So we worked around it. C'mon, lets go." He turns around and walks towards the plane.

I sigh. I knew Ryder was getting skeptical, but who's Will?

Suddenly, something hits me.

We saw and heard everything...

The house is still rigged.

The plan will be useless if 'Caleb and friends' are watching. Shit, I only briefly mentioned the cameras in my letter to Ethan. I knew something was wrong, that I was misssing something.

This might ruin everything.

I bite my lip and shake my head. I gave them a tip and I'm sure they'll understand. Ryder catches on pretty quick, even if he is my dumbass.

For now, I can only do what I'm told. I follow Caleb and hear small footsteps behind me. Mom.

I don't want to think about her right now. In her heart, I don't think I even rank as anything but an annoyance. Especially when we're with my father.

Thinking back, I don't know when it became my fault, but suddenly, my mother who had always taken my side, started to ignore me.

I thought she had come back to her senses when we ran but it turned out to be a moment of the mother she once was, slipping through for one last time. Then she disappeared.

I grab on the the handle bars, beside me and start going up the jet's steps, one by one, drawing out each.

My blood boils and my body feels tense.

I scoff.

I told myself I wouldn't think about her. I guess that was alot easier when Ryder was around. He kept me happy and feeling light, like the burdens of my past had been lifted off my shoulders and finally, I could breathe.

Without him now, the air feels thick and it's hard to move freely, every step feels heavy.

I need him. I need him here with me. I miss his laugh, his hugs, his kisses, and even his stupid smirks.

I don't know how long it'll be until I see him again but I know the pain that's going to haunt me until then, will be unbearable. It already is.

The only thing I have to keep me sane is my hope for his arrival. That's what I'll hold on to.

I take a seat in the furthest back corner I see, entering the plane. Caleb sits comfortably in the front, where a table with snacks lay and two couches on either side of it sit.

He makes eye contact with me but then quickly looks away. A red tone spreads on his cheeks and he seems nervous.

I blink and almost jog to the back, where, after the two couches, 5 stand alone seats are. I go to the corner, next to the window and sit.