-Cuff

Rose

A single gunshot goes off and the room is silenced. No one moves as eyes slowly move to the back of the church.

My heart drops.

I watch as their eyes settle on the man beside me. His arm raised in the air, with a smoking gun in his hand. He looks over at me and winks, breaking into a grin.

This is really happening.

Suddenly the crowd erupts into cheers and my father walks up next to me, linking his arm on mine. I turn my head to look straight down the aisle.

"We can now begin the wedding," The host says.

Our traditions before marriage have always been a bit too much. Today, they have only managed to piss me off more. If that's even possible.

The music begins and my father tightens his grip on my arms and moves forward.

The huge grand church, with creamy white walls and windows letting in rainbow colored sunshine from its tinted glass, would be like a Cinderella story for any bride. Any bride except me.

The whole room holds me hostage, as the walls close in and the dyed light turns to red blood, pouring through the windows, flooding. The smiles facing towards me, all have a creepy and eerie aura. The priest stands at the head of the altar like satan, looking at me with hunger eyes, as if I was about to sell my soul.

And Caleb, looming like the grim reaper, waiting for me. The rings in the hands of two servants close behind him, both the signing away of my soul and the agreement to let death take me away the moment it slips on my finger, cuffing me. In turn, putting shackles around my neck, wrists, ankles, and heart. While the chains of my future prepare to pull me thin, into nothing.

This wedding is the start of my mental battle between my family and myself. And I have no choice but to let it happen.

That's just how shit went down and I'm going to fucking deal with it.

After this marriage, with the alliance uniting our two branches, the Killats and the Busken, and Caleb knowing he definitely won't have any power or say and yet not caring, like the bitch he is, I'll be the one in control of thousands of cold-blooded killers.

And I'll use them. I don't know how but it won't be pretty.

We reach the end of aisle and I freeze. My father tries to get a hold of my hand but I keep them firmly wrapped around the bouquet. Caleb has his hand out, ready to receive me.

I'm not putting my hand in with his filthy fingers and I won't be handed off to him like in some gift.

I slip my arm away from my father and ignore his face while I slowly walk up to stand in front of Caleb.

The air is tense and so am I. Never in my life have I felt so forced until this second.

I glare into Caleb's eyes while he stares at me with a hopeful expression and a slight smile he can't seem to control.

I hate him.

"Today we are joined here to marry our younger generation, Caleb and Rose, and bring together two of our strongest groups to create one force of power. May the groom and bride link hands?" The priest asks.

A servant behind me taps my shoulder for the bouquet, but I ignore her. I don't want to touch him, is that too much to ask for?

They've taken me away from the one I love, and my real home. My own parents are selling me in this alliance, and suddenly, for no reason mentioned, they turned my life into a prison.