-Missing

Rose pov

As Ryder pulls out the property, all I can think is, I gotta go.

This is the perfect opportunity for me.

I race down the stairs and run into Ryder's office.

Surprisingly, he keeps it unlocked.

Stupid too.

I run behind his desk and start pulling open the drawers looking for my glasses.

I'm way to exposed right now and I really can't afford to be without a disguise, even if it's something small like my glasses.

I find them in the last drawer I open, top right.

Should've checked that first.

I grab them and run towards the exit, looking around for guards, but not seeing any.

Ryder trusts me too much, leaving me by myself in this house.

I slowly open the door and slip out the building. Then burst into a full sprint down the driveway.

Adrenaline fills me as I run my hardest away from the place I've called prison for I don't even know how long.

Looking at the path the car tracks show me, I run along side them, praying no gang members will choose this time to drive up to Ryder's house.

After about 5 minutes of running down a huge hill, I finally see civilization.

The neighborhood we passed on our way out to school, sits quietly in front of me as I begin to slowly walk down the sidewalks inside it, trying to catch my breath as quietly as possible.

I keep my head down and try to draw as little attention as I can.

Where am I going to go now?

The school is the place I really know my way to from here. Vaguely know my way from here.

It's good enough.

I make my way towards where I think the school is, from memory.

After making multiple wrong turns and the decision never to trust my memory again, I see my school.

There it is.

I feel myself fill with relief.

I go up to the front of it, and turn left, starting my journey home.

I probably could've started walking home a couple of blocks ago, seeing as this was my neighborhood, but I had heart set on proving I could walk here from memory.

It's an ego problem.

I walk up to my house and feel my mood sour.

I was in such a hurry to go home I forgot how I'm living.

I open the, as always, unlocked door, locking it behind me, as I go into the space I've home.

My mom sits in the living room, with a drink in her hand, not even turning as I enter the house after months of being absent.

What was I excepting?

Ever since my father broke my mom, she's completely abandoned her duties as a mother and now instead sits on the couch doing drugs, or drinking alcohol. Sometimes, she goes out and I don't see her for weeks.

It's the reason why I can't forgive my father, the reason I hide in that dumb school, and the reason I refuse to be the victim, like my mother is now.

I head upstairs, needing to clear my mind.

I used to not care what she did, before I was kidnapped I really didn't care what that woman did with her life, but now for some reason I can't help but feel hurt, like when I was 10 and she had told me she didn't want to deal with me.

The reason I was in such a hurry home wasn't because I wanted to get away from Ryder, no, I wanted to see how my mom would react after not seeing me for months.

I have no reason to feel disappointed. I shouldn't have never excepted her to do anything, at all.

I open the door to my room and slam it closed.

I go to my bed and lay back in it, staring at the ceiling.

...I kind of miss Ryder. 

He, at the very least, showed me affection.

And now thinking about it, I guess that's all I've ever wanted.

______________________________________

1.99k

6/10/18

Thanks soooo much for da views.

Ciao.