-Foureyes

Rose

I wake up to my alarm clock screaming.

"Ughhhhh." I stuff my head into my pillow and wish I had a time machine to turn time back to when I was five.

Life was easy then.

I hesitantly roll off my bed and land on my feet.

I walk into my bathroom and stare into the mirror.

The song flawless goes off in my head.

I chuckle, cause if any I'm looking flawful.

After a quick shower and some dental work, I start getting dressed.

Should I wear the big ugly red sweatshirt or... The big ugly green sweatshirt? Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

The red one's looking more uglier than usual so I pick that.

I quickly get dressed, get my stuff and leave, in no hurry to the prison I call high school. I walk there since I live close to it. Way too close to it.

After being there for three years, you learn to blend in.

But being me, you don't learn to blend in and instead stand out in a way no one else does.

I'm the school nerd.

I don't get bullied or anything, no, except for the little smart remarks I hear passing people like nerd or freak and stuff like that.

I disregard all of it because none of them are bold enough to confront me.

So I ignore them.

I enter the building and head towards my locker.

My combination and a punch later the locker opens. I place my books in and watch as the usual hate notes fall from inside my locker onto the ground.

First time I got these, I went home and cried. I really felt like I was hated in my school.

But after some self-reassurance, I realized they still couldn't say it to my face.

I brush them off to the side and shut my locker, turning to go to my first class, English.

I hate English with a passion.

I can't, I just can't, not with that class, just no. No.

I sigh, resisting the urge to run in the opposite direction, and start walking.

I reach the class a few minutes early, only a few students are here, one I don't know.

New student alert.

Being in a small school you know everyone.

I make my way to my usual seat, at the back of the classroom, left corner, next to the window.

Right next to the new boy.

This gives me time to assess the situation.

I peek at him from the corner of my eye.

Oh damn, this man is as hot as a Greek God. I push up my thick rim glasses and continue to stare at him.

He's definitely going to be one of the popular kids, in the middle of the cafeteria, looking down on everyone else who doesn't exist in his group.

He's already a little less attractive.

I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but....

Oops, I stopped caring.

I continue peeking at him, insulting him in my mind.

"Like what you see?" He asks. I blink.

Mayday mayday abort abort. I repeat abort abort.

I snort."Ew no, I don't like your type." I half-lie right through my teeth.

He turns to completely face me.

"What do you mean? Foureyes?"

"I mean, I knew you'd be a jerk and here you are just proving my point." I narrow my eyes.

"It's my first day and I already have to deal with sh*t." He mumbles.

"What? I couldn't hear you, could you say that louder, jerk?" I say, slightly raising my voice, putting my hand behind my ear to mock him even more.

"Are you deaf? Or just stupid?"

"Sorry to say, but none of the above but I'm pretty sure at least one of the two options you said applies to yourself."

"We-." The bell rings and interrupts him. A flood of students walk through the door and the teacher sits at his desk.

I won. Ha.

He turns and glares at me.

I shrug, smirking, smugly.

"Class, today we have a new student." The teacher cuts off our glaring contest with his words.

I look away.

"Please come up here, Ryder."

Jerk-face aka Ryder sighs and walks to the front of the class.

"Introduce yourself to the class, Ryder." The teacher urges.

"You already told them my name, what else do you want me to say?"

The class snickers. I don't, he's being disrespect for no reason.

That was a tiny bit funny though.

Still.

"Tell us about yourself, where you're from? What you're interested in?" The teacher suggests.

"OK, I'm human, I'm from Earth, and I like high school girls." He winks and almost all the girls in class swoon and giggle.

I roll my eyes, cringing.

He's not as interesting as I hoped he would be. A little antisocial if you ask me.

Just another reason to hate English.

______________________________________
Follow Vote Comment.
Thanks.

I promise it gets a lot better after this. A lot.

Love you guys for even starting this book.

Thanks sooo much.

Ciao.