Chapter Twenty-six

Katsu's POV:

        "So that's Tamaki's grandmother? That's so sweet," Haruhi said and watched as Tamaki approached his grandmother.
        "I hate that woman," Hunny muttered angrily, gaining both Haruhi's and my attention. 
        "Please come in, take a seat," Tamaki said with a smile.
        His grandmother walked right past him and said, "Don't patronize me. Filthy child." I immediately narrowed my eyes. 
        "Lady Eclair, come over here for a moment please." I watched as a girl stood up and walked over to Tamaki. 
        "I was just..." Haruhi began, then trailed off. 
        "For the remainder of fair you will be Lady Eclair's personnel escort," a few seconds of silence passed, "What's wrong? I gave you an order."
        "Very well, Grandmother. I will do everything in my power to ensure her happiness, just as you wish." 

TIME SKIP

        Because Tamaki was to escort Lady Eclair, I was helping the hosts. I had changed into a uniform and walked back over to the depressed host club members. 
        "Tama-chan isn't coming back, is he?" Hunny said, frowning. 
        "So does he really plan to spend," Hikaru started.
        "The entire fair with some stranger?" 
        "I think he does," I said, "Eclair, right? I wonder who she is..." I thought for a moment before I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I flipped open my phone and read the short message. 
        'Katsu, do you really intent to leave this a secret forever?' it read...What a secret? I frowned and typed back, 'Who is this? And keep what a secret?' By now the rest of the hosts were watching my bewildered expression as I read the newest message, 'The person who kissed you in the prep room almost a year ago. If you want to know who I am, come to library number two.' My eyes widened at the first sentence. 
        "Uh, guys...I...I'll be right back," I rushed from the club room to the first floor, wondering who it possibly could be. I stopped in front of the library's door and placed my hand on the doorknob. As I slowly pushed open the door I poked my head into the room. I couldn't see anyone so I stepped further into the room. I walked down the rows of books. 
        Eventually I cleared my throat and let out a small, "hello?"
        "Katsu," a small voice said from behind me. I turned and was surprised to find a boy only a tiny bit taller than I was before I left for England with red hair and big green eyes that I remembered seeing in my class.  
        "Uh, Hi. Um...were you the one sending me the texts?"
        He quickly nodded. It reminded me of an excited squirrel...oh, right, back to the story. "I, uh, I...Ireallylikeyouandwouldliketogooutwithyou!" he quickly said.
        "Look...um...?" 
        "Haruki."
        "Right, Haruki. I'm flattered and all, but I'm going out with someone."
        "What?" he squeaked.
        "Yeah, I'm sorry, but you'll find someone. I have to get back to the host club now," I turned to return to the club but he grabbed onto my arms. I looked over my shoulder the see his hair covering his eyes. 
        "No. I waited too long for you to come back. I knew it when I first saw you!" he tilted he head up so I could see his eyes, filled with sadness and desperation, "It was love at first sight!"
        "Uh...Look, I really am in love with the person I'm going out with. There's no chance," I slid my arm out of his grip and started walking away. When I made it out of the library I quickly walked over to music room 3. 
        "Katsu!" I cringed and turned, "Don't walk away!
        "Please, leave me alone," I opened the door and walked inside. I walked with a frown over the the rest of the hosts. 
        "Who's your tail?" Hikaru asked. I turned. 
        "I'm Haruki. Katsu and I are in love!" Kyoya narrowed his eyes and I groaned. 
        "No, we're not. Please realize that. I barely know you." He then decided to attach himself to my arm. 
        "Katsu! Don't deny your love for me!" 
        "I don't have time to deal with your fantasies. We have a problem here that needs dealing with."
        "I'll be back, love," he skipped out of the room, leaving me to glare at the door. Kyoya cleared his throat. I turned to see him with his arms crossed over his chest.
        "Hey, I'll make sure that he understands that there's no chance for him." Kyoya nodded. 
        I stared out the window at the darkening sky. "So what's up with Tamaki?"
        "He's obeying the whim of his grandmother," Kyoya stated.
        "Um, now that I think about it, Tamaki's grandmother seemed a little cold towards him earlier. Is there a special reason for that?" Haruhi asked, tilting her head to the side. The rest of the hosts then talked about Tamaki's past. Apparently, Tamaki was illegitimate, and because of that his grandmother had revoked all of his birth rights. He lived in France with his mother until he was fourteen. Because his grandmother needed an heir, his grandmother came up with a proposal. Tamaki's mother was frequently sick so his grandmother would pay for her health and needs, but Tamaki would move to Japan and take over his grandmother's company. He hasn't seen her since.
        "That's horrible," I muttered.
        "It's easy to feel sorry for him, but the hardships that he endured during his childhood helped mold him into the person he is today. He'll be fine. The host club is his refuge, which means when it's all said and done, he still has us." It was quiet after Kyoya said this, until the door opened to reveal Tamaki and Eclair. 
        "Tama-chan!"
        "Everyone, I have an important announcement," Tamaki paused, "As of today, Lady Eclair Tonnerre and I are officially engaged. Furthermore, the host club will be permanently dissolved after the Ouran fair. That is all."   

END OF CHAPTER

We're nearing the end. *tear* Thank you for reading! Bye, lovelies~!