Chapter Seven

"I'm sorry," an unfamiliar voice said, "he's in a coma." 
        'What? No I'm not!' I wanted to scream. But I couldn't get any noise out.
        "What?" I heard Haruhi's agonized voice,  "N-no, not again. Please not again." I heard tears in her voice.
        'Please stop crying Haruhi,' I wanted so desperately to hold her hand and tell her I was okay. Someone lifted me up off of the ground and I could feel myself being carried away somewhere. A while past with me agonizing over how to get control of my body again, wondering where I was being taken, and listening to Haruhi muffled sobs. 
        "I...I need to call my dad," Haruhi said sadly, a few seconds past, "D-dad? It's me, Haruhi...I have to tell you something. Katsu...Katsu was put back into a coma," silence followed then I heard Haruhi's quiet sobs again. I struggled for control of my body again, but to no avail. I tried to open my mouth and scream, nothing. I screamed in my head, hoping that I could gain back some control, but everything I tried made me more hopeless. 
        "C-come on, Haruhi," I heard Tamaki's sad voice, "you need some sleep. Kaoru said he would watch over Katsu."
        "O-okay, but only for a little bit, then I'm coming right back."
        "Okay." I heard shuffling and a door closing, then all I heard was the steady beeping of the heart monitor. A few minutes later the door opened and closed again and someone sat where Haruhi was.
        'Kaoru? Is that you' It was so agrivating not being able to see anything. 
        "H-hi, Katsu, I heard somewhere that if people in comas can sometimes hear you so...here goes nothing," he inhaled, "I'm sorry that I let you go outside all along, it's all my fault, if I was there it wouldn't have been just you and Haruhi. It's all my fault, I'm so sorry." How could he say that? No! It wasn't his fault, not in the least. I tried once again to say something, but my struggles remained utterly hopeless. 

Kaoru's POV:

        'How could I have done this? I shouldn't have let him go off on his own. This is entirely my fault.' I think as I take hold of Katsu's hand. I watch the heart monitor and listen to the steady beeping. "Y-ya know, I saw something on the internet that said if you're life doesn't have any ups or downs, you're dead, get it?" Obviously, there was no response, "Wow, tough crowd." I played with his fingers. "I feel stupid. Hey, if you can hear me, can you tell me when you wake up, or maybe I don't want you to hear my stupid jokes." I chuckled. The last trace of a smile I had disappeared from my face. "Please wake up." 

Katsu's POV: 

        I did it!...I think, at least Kaoru's quick intake of breath made me think he had felt me squeeze his hand, then the heart monitor registered a few quick heart beats, but then there was just a high pitched buzzing sound. 
        "K-Katsu!" Kaoru screamed I heard the door burst open. 
        There was hectic shuffling of feet then heard someone shout, "clear!" A shock was sent through my body.
        'Hey!' I shouted in my head, 'that kind of hurt!' But the steady beeping returned and everyone calmed down. I felt Kaoru's hand slip back into mine. I had to talk, I had to move. I had to do something. 'WAKE UP, YOU IDIOT! WAKE UP!' 
        "K-kaoru," I heard. 
        'Was that me? I THINK IT WAS!' Kaoru's grip on my hand tightened.
        "You're right, your jokes are the worst."

END OF CHAPTER