Chapter Twenty-four

"My legs hurt so badly," Katsu complained, his voice cracking slightly.
        "You haven't even done anything to wear them out, what's wrong with you?" Kisa replied
        "I don't know."
        "Hm? Leg pains and your voice has been cracking really frequently recently. You're probably going through puberty," Yukina said thoughtfully.
        "Huh?"
        "I guess so, I mean, Katsu, you're voice is still pretty high and you're short," Kisa said and leaned into Yukina's side.
        "I'm not short! Er...I'm not...that short..."
        "Sure, Katsu, sure." 
        "Fine, then. I'll take your guys' words for it, I guess.
        Katsu stood up from his chair and grabbed his stack of books. 
        "Where are you going?" Kisa asked. 
        "Back to my dorm, it's almost ten, and we have finals tomorrow. 
        Yes, it had been almost a year since Katsu had gone to England to attend school, and he had barely had enough time at the end of the day to talk to Kyoya. 
        Katsu face-planted onto his bed and soon fell asleep.

TIME SKIP

        "Katsu, how'd you do on the exams?" Kisa asked excitedly, as he and Katsu walked down the school halls.
        "I think I did fine."
        "Fine?! You should be excited!"
        "Why?"
        "Seriously...?"
        "What?"
        "You're seriously not excited?"
        "Of course I'm excited. If I get all A's on these I can graduate early and go back to Japan. Plus, my dad said he'd teach me how to drive if I do." 
        "So, how'd you think you did?"
        "I think I got all A's. How'd you do?"
        "I probably didn't do as well as you. Not everyone can be as smart as you."
        "Hm. I guess that's true," Kisa glared at Katsu, "Hey, where's Yukina? He usually follows you around like a lost puppy."
        "He does not!" 
        "Sure. But where is he?"
        "I don't know."
        Just then a loud voice rang from down the hall, causing the two to look behind them. "Kisa-san! Ready to go?"
        "Yeah, hold on. Hey, Katsu, at least we can graduate at the same time."
        "Yeah, yeah. You may be a fourth year, but I'm still smarter than you."
        "Huh. Don't rub it in. Bye, Katsu!"
        "Bye!"

KINDA LONGISH TIME SKIP

        It had been three weeks since finals and Katsu learned that he got 100% on all of his tests. He had gotten a few feet taller in that short amount of time and his voice had become deeper. 
        He was now sitting on a plane, waiting to take off to Japan. As the plane took off he watched the ground becoming further and further away. 

ANOTHER TIME SKIP. I'M SO LAZY TODAY

        "Dad!" Katsu screamed at Ranka. 
        "Katsu! Woah, you've grown!" 
        Katsu laughed, "Yeah. Where's Haruhi?"
        "Her friends dragged her off somewhere. Didn't you tell them you were coming back?"
        "Uh...oops...?" 
        "I'm sure you can find her. They went to the small outlet mall a few miles from our house. I'll drop you off."
        "Thanks dad. I missed you."
        The car ride to the outlet mall was filled with stories of what each of them did over the year. When they pulled up to the mall Katsu smiled and got out of the car, patting his pocket to make sure he had his wallet. 
        "Bye."
        Ranka drove off, leaving Katsu to wander around the mall. 
        "Where would they be?" Katsu asked himself, "Maybe a candy shop?"
        Katsu had went into five candy shops and was turning into his sixth when he saw Haruhi standing in front of a pretzel shop. 
        Katsu ran over and pulled her into a tight hug. 
        "Haruhi!" 
        "THERE'S SOMEONE TRYING TO KIDNAP MY DAUGHTER!!!!!" Katsu heard Tamaki screaming. He was suddenly pushed off by two red headed twins. 
        "Who are you, and what do you want with Haruhi?!"
        Katsu pouted, "Do I really look that different?" 
        Haruhi, suddenly realizing who he was, pulled the twins off of him, "Guys! It's Katsu!"
        "Haruhi, Katsu's in England, sweetheart," Tamaki said, like he was talking to a three year old, and held onto Haruhi's shoulders. 
        "Aw, guys! I'm so wounded that you guys don't recognize me."
        "Katsu?" Came a surprised voice from behind him. Katsu turned and was suddenly pulled into a hug. 
        "So...it really is Katsu..." 
        Katsu laughed, "I can see over your shoulder now, Kyoya." 
        Kyoya leaned back slightly and looked at him again. 
        "You've grown so much."
        "MY SON!!! When will you be coming back to Ouran?"
        "Actually, I won't be coming back to Ouran."
        "What?"
        "I graduated early." 
        "W-what?"
        "Oh! Katsu," Haruhi said, "Next week our school is having a fair and dad won't be able to go. Do you want to come instead?"
        "Sure! Sound's like fun!"

END OF CHAPTER