| 39 |

STEVE GATHERED THE TEAM AFTER A BRIEF MEETING WITH AGENT HILL

STEVE GATHERED THE TEAM AFTER A BRIEF MEETING WITH AGENT HILL. The first thing he did was pass around a tablet. Brendon looked at it over Natasha's shoulder. It was a picture of Baron Strucker's body. Dead body. The word 'Peace' was on the wall with Strucker's blood. Brendon wasn't sure how to feel about it. A HYDRA thug was gone, but it was in a horrible way.

Turns out, Strucker wasn't just killed, all the online files were gone from the computers system. He had to have known something, right? Jamie pointed out that not all files were gone. The team was going to track down Strucker's secret the old fashion way.

Each person had a box. Anything related to Strucker was evaluated by the entire team.

Brendon was on his fifth coffee and second box. He had found nothing. His third box was Strucker's known associates. Steve looked over his shoulder and held his hand out. Brendon handed it to him one file while handing Bruce and Tony another.

"Known associates," Brendon told him.

"Well, Strucker had a lot of friends," Steve hummed.

"Well, these people are all horrible," Bruce sighed opening his file.

"Not as bad as me," Brendon mumbled. Jamie walked passed and slapped the side of his head. He leaned back and glared at her.

"Wait. I know that guy." Tony pointed to the man in the file Bruce was holding. Bruce passed the photo. "From back in the day, he operates off the African coast, black market arms."

Steve and Jamie gave him an accusing look while Brendon sat up. 

"Howard was accused of selling products on the black market," Brendon told Tony. "He got one of my friends killed."

"Do I. . ." Steve trailed.

"Jackie."

"He was young." Steve gasped.

"Yes, but old enough to have three children."

Steve gawked. "Three?"

"Yeah." He breathed.

"In '46?" Steve asked. Brendon nodded his head.

"Ok, as much as I adore you two bonding, no, I didn't sell him anything. There are conventions alright? He was talking about finding something new, a game changer."

As Tony passed the photo around, Thor took one and pointed to a scar. Tony said it was a tattoo but Brendon closed the theory.

"No," he told Tony. "It's a brand. From Wakanda."

"Oh, yeah, he's right. It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way."

"Wakandian dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakandan." Brendon corrected.

"Wakanada...? Wa...Wa...Wakanda, yeah Wakandan."

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony trialed. Steve took a deep breath and Brendon leaned back in his chair.