| 26 |

THE TASTE OF BLOOD STILL SAT IN HIS MOUTH AS BRENDON WOKE UP

THE TASTE OF BLOOD STILL SAT IN HIS MOUTH AS BRENDON WOKE UP. He could still feel where Bucky had punched him. The only thing different about him was he didn't believe that was Bucky. How could it be? Bucky wouldn't kill Howard or Maria. Bucky wouldn't kill anyone unless he was in war.

It seemed to Brendon that his whole body woke up but his eyes remained shut. He could feel his toes to the pain in his right knee to the tight straps keeping him in the chair. It was hard to tell, though, if his eyes wanted to remain shut over availability or the fear he'd see fake Bucky.

A cold slap to his face forced his eyes wide open. He looked around the room frantically and tried to jump up, but the restraints keeping his wrists to the chair prevented him from doing so.

He let out a sigh of relief when he noticed Bucky wasn't in the room. Many other men were, however. Men he didn't know, most in lab coats. There were a few wearing bullet proof vests and holding guns giving Brendon an unsteady feeling in his stomach. His eyes eventually landed in a familiar set of eyes.

"S-Silas?" He asked the young man. He looked like he barley aged a day, the green-blue eyes still sparkling with mischief, his brown hair still wavy and messy even though it looked like he had attempted to slick it back.

"You remember me?" The younger man stated walking over to stand in front of Brendon.

"How are you still alive?" Brendon asked. "How are you still so young?"

"I could ask the same, Mr. Stark." Silas spat. Brendon winced as he felt the spit land on his face. "You know, Mr. Stark, even though its been many, many years since you were tortured in that HYDRA factory, you will always be the best thing HYDRA has ever created."

"Go to hell!" Brendon spat in response pulling on the strains again.

"Oh, Mr. Stark, I'll meet you there." Silas smirked, reaching his hand out and caressing Brendon's cheek. "Prep him." He said with a wave of his hand.

The men in lab coats grabbed some equipment and started preparing for what ever was going to happen. Brendon glared at Silas wanting nothing more than to burn the smirk off his face. He balled his hand into a fist attempting to start a flame but nothing happened. He let out a worried sigh and looked down at his hands. Silas chuckled and nodded his head, "Don't worry, Mr. Stark, you'll get them back. Well, at least you won't remember ever getting your powers back."

"What?" Brendon breathed glaring at the younger man. A man in a lab coat walked over and looked at Silas who gave a nod. The man gripped Brendon's head and held it in place as something lowered down. He felt a cool metal over his eyebrow that moved down to cover his left eye. Another piece of metal came down right on his cheekbone. Another man in a white coat came over and shoved a mouth guard in his mouth. Brendon gaged out of shock if the object getting shoved forcefully into his mouth.

"Start it." He heard Silas demand before the worst pain Brendon had ever felt erupted through his body.

Mendacium.

Tineis comesta sunt.

Septendecim.

Flamma.

Fornacem.

Novem.

Benignum.

Coactus.

Unus.

Autocinetorum.

"Miles?" Soldier.

"Promptus ad propinquos meos."