Chapter Forty Seven

Please follow!

Harry sits with a drink in his hand, facing the empty fire place. It's summer and it's warm outside. So warm that the windows are open, the fans are on and Harry is sitting in shorts and t-shirt and is bear foot, the wooden floor cool against the bottom of his feet. Aria is napping soundly in her crib next to him and the TV is on quietly. He takes the last sip of his glass, the ice clinking to his teeth before he sets the empty glass back down on the coaster.

"You sure you should be drinking?" A familiar voice asks and he turns his head to see Louis standing at the bottom landing, his arms folded across his chest and Harry couldn't help the fond smile that appeared on his face.

"Niall's not pregnant any more, the pact is over." Harry answers, standing up with his empty glass and taking it into the kitchen and Louis follows him.

"Well, I thought you'd want to be in good shape for when Niall sees you." Louis points out, winking.

Harry laughs and shakes his head in disbelief.

"It's one drink. I'm not exactly going crazy over it." Harry assures him.

He turns around at the sink, crossing one ankle over the other and leans against the kitchen counter, looking expectantly at Louis. That's when he hears the sound of Niall's heart beating slowly, coming up from upstairs and then all of a sudden it comes to a complete stop.

Harry's eyes lift up to the sound and then he looks eagerly at Louis before heading upstairs to the delivery room. Niall is lying flat on the bed, dressed in a clean pair of pants and a button down shirt (yes, his bump had completely disappeared) and Harry took his seat next to him, waiting patiently for his husband to wake up.

- - -

"I can't do this, H. I can't say goodbye to you. I can't live my life without you. I'm scared." Niall sobs, pulling Harry close, pulling him away from the rest of the Dalca.

"Niall..." Harry sighs, closing his eyes. "Don't make this harder than it already is."

"I'm not! I want us to be together and I know you want that, too." Niall cries.

Luca and Darius exchange uncomfortable glances and next to them, Carmen lets out a small cry and she runs out the door, away from her family.

"Niall, I need you to listen to me," Harry starts and Niall's face turns into so much despair and betrayal because he knew it was happening.

He knew Harry was compelling him.

- - -

Niall's dream is interrupted by someone's hand gently holding his and eyes flutter open and he unconsciously squeezes it back. There's a small gasp and he looks round to see Harry sitting beside him, eyes wide and hopeful and smiling contently. Everything felt strange but at the same time everything was still the same. Everything was bright and vivid and clear and Niall felt different, too. He felt confident. More confident in himself than he had been in his entire life. He no longer felt like he had done for the past nine months. But then he thinks about the dream, the memory that Harry had chose to erase and made them split up for six months and it causes a lump to form at the back of Niall's throat, tears starting to spill down his cheeks as he sits up on the edge of the bed, his legs dangling as he faces Harry.

"Hey, my love," Harry soothes, moving closer to Niall, "What's the matter?"

Niall continues to sob so Harry reaches over, fitting himself between Niall's legs (something he hadn't been able to do in a long time) and he presses his hands to Niall's cheeks, wiping away the stray tears under his eyes.