Chapter One

Louis' eyes drift over to the brunette boy running across the football pitch, with the ball steady at his feet. His class mates cheer on him as he scores another goal and the boy is gleaming, grinning like he'd just won the lottery. His eyes move over to another brunette boy who's sitting on the side of the pitch, clutching his swollen ankle as he slaps a pack of ice against it. Louis couldn't help cringing a little at the sight and all he wanted to do was to go over and help.

The whistle suddenly blows and the boy grinning, he stops cheering and he jogs over to his injured friend, running to his aid. Liam and Niall sit next to each other on the benches while their fellow class mates run to the locker rooms. After they're out of the locker rooms and the final bells goes for the end of school, Louis sees Liam and Niall emerge from the building at the far end. Liam is limping while Niall has one arm wrapped Liam's waist and he's pulling him close to steady him as they walk, both of them carrying their bags. Without being seen, Louis manages to keep a safe distance between him and the boys as he follows them home, making sure they were okay.

"I'm sorry you didn't get to play the second half," He hears Niall say, as he nears closer.

"Yeah. Daniel is a bit of a dick, tackling me when he shouldn't be." Liam huffs.

"Hey, at least he got suspended for the second half."

Louis uses the path close to the trees to keep up with them. A few twigs and branches snap and a leaves crunch loudly in his wake and he gasps when he sees Niall about to turn around to look but he's out of sigh before Niall could spot Louis.

"Did you hear that?" Niall wonders, pausing in their tracks.

"Hear what?" Liam responds, frowning.

Niall stares at the empty path for a moment before he shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head dismissively and they walk on.

"Nothing. Never mind."

Once Niall had dropped Liam off at his house and made sure he was okay, he heads to own home where his mother is there to greet him.

"Hi love, how was football today?" She asks enthusiastically.

"It's great, except someone tackled Liam so he couldn't play the second half."

"Oh, that's rubbish. I hope he's all right." Maura responds.

"Yeah, he should be. It's just a sprain." Niall shrugs his shoulders carelessly.

Maura doesn't say anything but she's got a huge, mysterious grin on her face that makes him slightly concerned. He doesn't mention it though and instead, he goes upstairs to investigate. Sure enough, in his room, is Bresi sitting on his bed with his guitar in his hands, as he plucks a few tunes. At the sight of Niall, Bresi sets down the guitar and beams at Niall while Niall beams back.

"Bresi!" Nialle exclaims and he runs forward into Bresi's open arms, fitting himself in between his legs as he sits on the bed and he pulls him close.

"What the hell?" Niall laughs, slapping a playful hand against Bresi's muscular chest. But all it did was made Bresi lean back softly onto the pillows.

"Well, it's your birthday this weekend, innit?" Bresi reasons.

"Yeah." Niall nods.

"I wouldn't miss that for the world."

"You have missed the last ten of them." Niall points out warily and Bresi bites his lower lip.

"Things have changed since then." He admits.