Chapter Eighteen

About a week later, Niall found himself travelling back to Manchester but this time with Harry. It's weird, he's not going to lie. The last time Niall flew to Manchester was to see who the engagement ring belonged too and now he does and so much more had happened since then. Before Harry, he had his life planned out. He was to move to Ireland with Bressie and go to university to study law and get his degree and he was to be married to him and stay close to his family and they would live happily ever after. But it was never as easy as that, was it?

Sure, Harry and Niall had only been together at least two years – minus the six months apart – but they were soul mates. In Louis' eyes at least, that's how see saw them. They love each other so much that anything can get thrown at them and they would get past it with their head held high. That's why they were prepared for the Dalca. They were prepared for the day that they finally hunted them down but Niall was hoping that wouldn't be any time soon.

They planned on flying out to Manchester sooner rather than later as there will come a time that Niall would be too pregnant to fly out. They decided to fly out to Ireland shortly after that, for the same reason. It meant they could have their engagement party when they wanted it and there wouldn't be much hassle. Apparently Louis and Tess had been secretly planning their engagement party behind their backs and everything was going to plan, according to Louis.

"Just please no stag dos or baby showers. That's just depressing." Niall had reminded him.

"Well, it's more like a hen do for you."

The snide comment had earned a blow to Louis' stomach from Niall but he took it with pride. Harry had chuckled and shook his head in disbelief at his friend. He should have known better than to offend his fiancé – who was severely hormonal, come to think of it. They flew out using Harry's private jet and Niall had fallen asleep through the entire flight, which was lucky. When they had landed and got into a taxi, Harry realized that Niall had been quiet this entire time, somewhat looking anxious.

"You okay?" Harry frowns, entwining their hands together in the middle of the car seat.

"I'm fine. Just nervous, that's all." Niall admits.

"Hey, there's no need to be. My mother adores you and you know Gemma so you'll be fine." He assures him, pecking a kiss on his forehead.

Niall only smiles and gulps dryly when they reach Harry's family home. The bungalow hadn't changed at all, not that he had expected it too. There's a twitch of a curtain from one of the windows as he and Harry step out into the driveway. Harry's hand gently cups Niall's lower back and they make their way up to the front door. It's slightly chilly, going into winter and Niall's wearing a heavy black hoodie to hide his bump although there's no doubt that he'll be getting questioned from both Anne and Gemma. Harry steps through into the threshold, without even bothering to knock and already he's greeted by his sister.

"Harry! It's so good to see you again." Gemma exclaims, throwing her arms around her brother and hugging him tightly.

"Feeling is mutual, sis."

Over Harry's shoulder, her eyes meet with Niall's and a wide grin spreads across her face.

"And how is my gorgeous brother in law?" She beams, heading over to him to also pull him in for a hug.

Niall blushes and giggles, rolling his eyes and shaking his head as he hugs her back, staring at Harry.

"Did I hear brother in law?"

Their heads snap up to the sound of the unfamiliar voice and they see Anne appearing from the kitchen. She's beaming at Niall, walking straight past Harry and Gemma had pulled away so that it was Anne's turn to hug him.