Chapter Thirty Four

Niall woke up the next morning, bright and early. He felt refreshed and well rested. He sat up on the bed and gazed down at a sleeping Harry next to him. Niall knew from past experience that Harry was a light sleeper, due to being a vampire and having too much energy. Which means that he'd be up soon. Trying very hard not to wake him up, he tosses the quilt aside and shuffles out of bed, padding bear foot across the floor to the table. He sat down and pulled up the laptop, getting to work.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks groggily, finally wakening up.

"I have a deadline to send to Mr Collins and a couple of emails." Niall assures him, tapping his fingers against the computer keys.

"You're working on our honeymoon?" Harry questions, sounding a little offended.

"Need I remind you that you took a call from a client on our first date here." Niall pointed out, without looking back at his husband.

There's a short pause, in which Harry contemplates the idea.

"Point taken." Harry finally says, defeated, earning a half-hearted chuckle from Niall.

"Come back to bed, baby boy." Harry mumbles sleepily, patting the empty space next to him.

Niall eventually gives in and obeys Harry. But instead of going back to his side, he goes to straddle Harry's legs, fitting himself comfortably in between them. Harry laughs lightly, his fingers grazing Niall's hips, tickling under his sweater, his finger tips brushing against his warm skin.

"You know we're going to have to think about going home for Christmas soon." Harry comments, just as Niall had started to kiss up and down his jaw.

Niall pauses, pulling away from him.

"Way to kill the mood, H." Niall retorts shortly, earning a smirk from Harry.

"I'm serious. Your family is still expecting you."

"And Bressie." Niall sighs, running a hand through his tousled hair.

"Let Louis take care of him." Harry suggests but Niall frowns.

"He'll be back in Ireland. I'll need to call him, uninvite him." He sighs.

Harry titles his head to the side.

"Do you want me to do that?" He asks curiously.

"No, he's my mess I made. I gotta clear it up." Niall sighs, pulling himself away from Harry.

He grabs for his phone, which is lying on his night stand he heads out onto the balcony, shutting the door behind him but Harry could still hear him. He perches himself up on the bed, listening carefully.

"Hey, Bressie it's me. Listen, I...I know what you did. The Dalca came to us. You betrayed me. Because of that we...we can't be friends any more. I can never trust you again. So, with that...this is me officially uninviting you to Christmas dinner. Goodbye."

Niall hangs up and heads back inside the bedroom, where Harry is waiting for him patiently and he raises his eyebrows expectedly.

"Voicemail. Left a message." Niall shrugs, holding his phone up as in explanation before setting it back down next to his laptop. He then wonders over to his side of the bed again and snuggles up next to Harry. Harry pulls him closer to him, his hand rested on his hip.

"You really can't trust him, can you?" Harry reasons and Niall shakes his head.

"I can't trust him enough to be around my family. Not after what he did. What's to say he'll do the same and tell them about you?" Niall sniffles and Harry pecks Niall on the tip of his nose.