Chapter Ten

Over the next few days, Harry and Niall awaited for Harry's new bed but in the meantime, they took to sharing the sofa in the living room as Tess was crashing in the guest room upstairs. That wasn't the only slight change in their living habits, though. Niall had changed too and Harry was slowly beginning to realise this and he wondered if this had anything to do with his jealousy toward Tess. It all was a little bit overwhelming for him, after all. He is engaged to Harry and he just recently found out that Harry's ex girlfriend is living with him...he kind of had every right to be jealous. But...that wasn't the only thing that Harry noticed in Niall. Niall had somewhat become unwell over a short period of time and it started with him being severely tired, continuously sleeping on the sofa. 

One morning, at around eleven o'clock Harry had trudged downstairs only to find Niall sleeping soundly with the blanket strewn on the floor. Harry heaves a deep sigh at the sight, feeling slightly helpless. Grunting a little, he strolls over to Niall and picks the blanket up off the floor to drape it over Niall's shoulders. After that, he heads over to the kitchen to make breakfast. He starts to cook away when a couple of minutes later, he hears footsteps approaching and when he looks back he sees Niall standing behind him.

"Hey, sleepy head." Harry greets fondly and Niall smiles weakly. 

"Hey. What're you makin'?" He asks sleepily, sauntering over to his fiancé. 

"Eggs and bacon." Harry answers simply and he's just about to place a dirty dish in the sink when Niall's face turns a pale shade of green and without warning, he's vomiting over the sink and Harry is quick to rush to his aid.

"Hey, hey, hey." Harry soothes, gently rubbing his back. 

He cringes and winces as he continues to watch the sight of Niall throwing up bile until he was done and when he was, Niall sighs and rinses his mouth under the tap and then he takes a deep breath, exhaling deeply. It's silent as they both stare into space, unsure of what to say to each other.

"I dunno what that was." Niall admits miserably and Harry smiles weakly, resting his elbows against the edge of the kitchen counter.

"It's probably nothin'. Probably something that didn't agree with your stomach." He assures him.

"Hmm. Yeah, you're probably right." Niall agrees, absent-mindedly. 

"Perhaps you should go back to sleep, get some rest." Harry suggests.

Niall nods weakly in agreement and strolls over to the sofa to drape the blanket over him and is soon fast asleep. That's when Louis comes strolling down the stairs and takes in the situation; having heard Niall puking from upstairs.

"Hey. What's wrong with him?" Louis wonders, nodding toward Niall's sleeping figure.

"He's sick. Think it might be somethin' he ate." Harry shrugs sadly.

"Ate?" Louis repeats, "He only had two slices of pizza last night."

Harry does a double-take and looks back over his shoulder to stare thoughtfully at Niall.

"What's his symptoms?" Louis wonders curiously, sauntering over to Niall's side and gently sitting himself down next to him, careful not to wake him up.

Harry couldn't help smiling at his best friend. It never ceased to amaze him how much Louis cared for Niall. It was such an innocent bond, a brotherly love. 

"Sickness, nausea, tiredness." Harry answers simply.

Without warning, Louis dashes toward one of the book stands in a quick haste and picks out a book before sitting at the coffee table. He perched himself on a chair and opens the pages, skimming through it with sheer concentration. His elbow is rested on the table,  his chin settled in the palm of his hand Harry watches in fascination.