Chapter Forty Two

"Lou?"

There was no respond, in which Liam reaches over and gently pats Louis' warm shoulder. The room is dark and it's night time and the covers were strewn off Louis' top half, a tangled mess around his legs. He's topless, dressed in nothing but a pair of black boxers and his back is facing Liam's when a small groan escapes his lips.

"Are you awake?"

"No." Louis replies back, with a hint of cheekiness.

Liam only scoffs, pulling his hand away from Louis' shoulder and he lays his head back on his pillows. That's when he feels the bed dip and Louis manoeuvring next and next thing he knows, he's tucked himself into his side, peering up at him with sleepy blue eyes.

"What's troubling that pretty little mind of yours?" Louis teases, poking playfully at Liam's temple.

"I'm worried about Niall." He admits, causing Louis to frown.

"How so?"

"Louis, come on," Liam sighs, getting a little impatient, "He's what, five months pregnant? He's so far along and Faye can't do anything; she can't see the foetus. He's married to a vampire and above all that his mind is probably messed up with this wolf thing."

"Maybe I should've given you New Moon to read instead." Louis says thoughtfully.

"Louis." Liam warns, causing Louis to turn to him again.

"Look," He begins, "If something was wrong with Niall I'd tell you. Besides, Niall is in the best place he could be right now." He assures him and Liam frowns.

"He is?"

"Yeah," Louis replies quietly, "He's got Harry by his side supporting him all the way. The Dalca are looking after him and Faye is doing everything she can. She knows what she's doing. And the wolf thing – the wolf thing is just a bump on the road, they're nothing to worry about. They're not going to hurt anyone."

Liam's face was still scrunched up with concern.

"Speaking of The Dalca...isn't it weird that your ex is always around a lot?" He mumbles, a deep red blush creeping up the side of his neck as he avoids eye contact with Louis, who's giving him a blank look in return.

"She's helping take care of Niall, Liam." He says bleakly.

"It's still weird though, innit?" Liam sighs, patting Louis' arm as he looks up.

"Well, it's not as if we have feelings for each other any more, Liam I mean, we're grown ass adults. I learned my lesson from her a long time ago, I know what she's like." Louis mumbles, starting to feel a little bit agitated.

Liam bites his lower lip, thinking hard.

"Well, to be fair, you have been avoiding her and I mean – purely avoiding her to the point that you're walking the other direction when you see her approach you." He teases, trying to lighten to mood.

But instead, he did the opposite. He made Louis even more angry. Instead of dropping it, Louis shuffled on the bed so that he was straddling Liam's hips, his hands on either side of Liam's head.

"You know, the exact same thing happened with Harry and Niall, right? Niall was jealous of Tess being here all the time and do you know what Harry done?" Louis asked.

"What?" Liam frowns.

"He knocked him up." Louis answers simply, causing Liam's face to blush; even in the dark Louis could see his cheeks turn a deep shade of red and he couldn't help but feel a little triumphant that he had made his boyfriend uncomfortable.