Chapter Forty Five

Please follow!

After Harry and Louis finish breakfast, they take a little stroll along side the river, where there's lots of tourists and parks and benches. Harry walks with his hands sunk into his trousers pockets and silently, wistfully admires the boats sailing across the river and Louis studies him carefully and that's when Harry's phone begins to ring and he presses it to his ear and Gemma's voice is greeting him, causing Louis to listen in.

"Hey, Harry. I know you're busy and all and this probably nothing to worry about but I just thought I'd let you know. Bressie has arrived, apparently Niall called him while I was away. He knows everything, Niall had to tell him. I...I accidentally spilled the beans, I'm sorry. Also, uh, Liam is with Louis right now. I don't know if he's told you or not but, yeah. I thought you should know." Gemma breathes and at that last part, Harry's head snaps up to Louis who's blushing furiously, looking away from him. 

"Liam's with Louis, hm?" Harry wonders curiously. 

"Yeah, but Niall is fine. You've got nothing to worry about, I promise." Gemma assures him and Harry sighs. 

"Okay, thanks Gemma. I appreciate it."

The phone line goes dead and Harry slips his phone back in his pocket, giving Louis a look of betrayal in which Louis returns with look of sheer guilt. 

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know Liam was going to show up last night, it was a surprise. Besides, this is why I didn't want to tell you. I hate that look your giving me, you're making me feel guilty as fuck." Louis murmurs, scuffing his shoe against the pavement they're walking on, making Harry chuckle amusingly. 

"I take it you know about Bressie, too?" Harry guesses and Louis sighs. 

"Yeah. Liam filled me in. He wouldn't have left if he didn't think there was anything to worry about." 

"That's not the point." Harry mumbles, sitting himself down on a park bench and Louis joins him. 

"Then, what is?"

"The point is that I'm here and not with Niall. Bressie's with him and I'm not. You and I both know what happened the last time they were alone together." Harry explains and Louis shakes his head. 

"I don't think Bressie is going to be a problem any more," Louis points out and Harry gives him a puzzled look, "You're forgetting about one thing. Greg. Niall's brother." 

A light bulb flashes in Harry's mind then at Louis' words. Harry remembered how Greg was at their engagement party. He was well aware of how jealous Harry got with Bressie being around Niall all the time and he was also well aware of Bressie not being very respectful of him. He's also quite protective of Niall (as a brother should be giving what Niall had been through in the family previously) and Harry could only imagine that Greg wouldn't be entirely convinced by Bressie's bar fight story after New Years and to be honest, it put Harry's mind at ease a little bit. Bressie wanted and needed his friendship with Greg a lot more than his respect for Harry. There was too much history there to lose it all over his feelings for Niall. 

"You really think so?" Harry asks hopefully and Louis giggles at Harry's innocent state, shaking his head in disbelief. 

"I know so." Louis assures him. 

There was literally no reason for Harry to doubt Louis. After all, Louis was the one that erased Bressie's memory in the first place. Maybe he did that not just because Bressie asked him too but because he knew that somewhere along the lines, Greg would start to get suspicious over Bressie's close and growing friendship with Niall. Harry and Louis fall into a comfortable silence and they look ahead of them, watching the world go away and after a moment, Harry's phone starts to ring again.