Chapter Two

Logan and I walked into Sexton High and we were immediately surrounded by the group of people that we were always around. It felt good to be back and there was no way anybody was going to ruin this day or this year for me.

We made our way towards our lockers when Jessica pushed her way through the crowd. When she was at my side she muttered something that sounded like finally.

“Heather! You look amazing! How was your summer girlfriend? I can’t wait to catch up with you.” Jessica was one of my closest girlfriends but sometimes she bugged me.

“Hey Jess! Thanks you too! My summer was fantastic! I can’t wait to tell you all about it and hear all about yours!” I finally reached my locker and opened it.

“Look who’s starring at you already.” Logan whispered into my ear.

When I turned around I found the principal Mr. Reynolds starring me down. I get into a lot of trouble in school. He’s always got his eye on me. He tells me I’m a good girl and should be a role model to the students that idolize me but I tend to just laugh in his face. He doesn’t know one thing about me. Yeah sure I am a sweet girl but hey I have a wild side to. Quick flings in the janitors closets or under the stairwells. I tend not to pay that much attention in my classes but I made fantastic grades, yet my teachers still complain.

The pranks that Logan and I play during the school hours are hysterical but our principal doesn’t think so. This one time we taped TNT poppers under every toilet seat in the school including the teachers. The principal didn’t find this very funny and gave us detention for two weeks.

“Whatever, he’s just waiting to bust us for the pranks we’re gonna pull this year and they will be epic!” I shouted as I gave the principal a little wave, he didn’t like that very much.

Logan just laughed as he closed his locker. “You are gonna be on his shit list all year.”

“I know.” I smiled and closed my locker.

The bell rang and Logan and I headed to class. His arm was around my shoulders and our little group had disappeared. Finally. I loved being popular but sometimes I needed a break from everyone. That’s why I love summer and I cannot wait till I start college.

“What class are you heading to?” I asked Logan realizing that we hadn’t discussed this yet.

“Uhm, English.”

“No way me too!” I shouted.

We both burst out into laughter was we entered the classroom. The teacher wasn’t there yet so I was kind of glad. I took out my phone to check my messages. I had about twelve unread texts.

A lot of the texts were from girls saying how cute I looked today and then the last one I read was from Stephen.

Stephen and I always had this fling going on. We enjoyed it because we weren’t together but we usually spent out nights together if you know what I mean.

The text read, “Stairwell before lunch ;)”

I smiled and just sent back “See you then ;)”

This year was already starting off great and it was the first day of school.