Judgement Day

It was two day's after the slumber party, and today was court day. Peter hadn't been anticipating this day, but he felt a little bit better whenever Tony or the gang would comfort him when he was obviously down. Peter woke up to his alarm, immediately remembering what was going down today. He took a long shower and got dressed. He wore a white button up and a grey tie, not wanting to wear a suit to make him seem like some sort of big-shot or something.

He made his way up to the main level, where he saw Tony, Bucky, and Steve in the living room and kitchen. Tony sat at the kitchen stool, drinking coffee and peering over at the TV screen from afar, watching the news. Pancakes, assumingly made by Cap, were sitting next to Tony, though the man seemed to have no interest in them. Peter went up to the kitchen, saying hi to everyone and then sitting next to Tony, eating the pancakes in front of him.

Both Peter and Tony hadn't brought up the spider's little slip-up since it happened, which they were both happy about. Would have just been embarrassing for the teen to talk about anyways.

"What time are we leaving," Peter asked the man sitting beside him, "for, uh, court I mean."

"What time is it now?" Tony asked the house A.I.

"10:07 AM, boss," FRIDAY responded.

"In about an hour or so," Tony confirmed to the boy, "If you want to before we head out, me you bucky and Steve could watch another episode."

"Okay," Peter said, exited for the show but not for what comes after.

"Hey, Pete," Tony said, looking over at him with bleakness, "I know today isn't going to be fun, it probably isn't even going to be tolerable, but for the sake of putting Maye in jail, you have to tell them the truth... about everything."

"I-" Peter started, looking down at his hands and fidgeting his fingers, "I just-just want to get it over with, ya know?"

"I know bud. The sooner everything is said the sooner it'll be over and she'll be thrown into jail." Tony comforted. The two sat in silence a bit longer, Peter finishing his breakfast than putting his plate away.

"I-uh..." Peter started, "I'm going to my room, to talk to my friends."

"Okay kid. I'll call you when we have to get going, okay?"

"Okay, Tony..." Peter slowly walked over to the elevator, it closing the doors behind him. Tony sighed, knowing this wasn't going to be easy for Peter. If Peter took this so badly, he thought, how is he going to take being taken away by child protective services?

After an hour, it was eventually time to get going, Tony ordering FRIDAY to call Peter to meet him down in the garage, getting into a car then taking off. The ride there was extremely quiet, more than both of them would like it to be. Being trapped in a quiet environment just allows you're mind to race, and both of them didn't want that to happen. Eventually, after about 10-15 minutes, they arrived at there destination. Peter got out slowly, not wanting to go into the building.

"Hey," Tony said, walking beside him, "It's going to be okay, just answer there question's and it'll all be over soon, I promise."

Peter just nodded, stepping inside the court building.

(Would like to apologize in advance if this isn't exactly how the court works, I don't know much about it)

After the jury was seated, and everyone was in there place, the judge spoke up, silencing the little chatter in the room. Maye sat to the far left of Peter and Tony, and she was with a man dressed in a grey suit, assuming it was her lawyer. There was one standing around where they were, Peter assuming Tony higher a lawyer as well.