Diverting Distraction

"What? What do you mean you can't go? It's carnival! With Mr. freakin' Stark, mind you!" Peter said, disappointed, talking on the phone with his best friend, Ned.

"I'm really pumped about it too, but apparently we have some big family issues or something. I don't know what's going on exactly, but even If I wanted to go, which I do, my mom wouldn't let me. I'm really sorry, Peter." Ned sounded like the saddest person in the world, having missed the opportunity to go to the carnival with a genius playboy billionaire philanthropist. 

"But hey!" Ned spoke up, bringing Peter out of his disappointing trance, "You can still bring MJ! I'm sure Mr. Stark would like her, with her being not so obsessive like me, of course." Ned said, casually. He embraced the fact a long time ago that he was obsessed with the Avengers.

"Wouldn't that be kind of, I dunno, weird?" Peter suggested.

"No, man! It's MJ, she'll bite you're head off if anyone tries anything. Beside's, she told me last time she went to a fair or something like that, that she has a soft spot for amusement parks. Dunno why she's usually the mature type. Don't know why, but she does! You'll be fine." 

"Okay, thanks, Ned! I hope you have fun- uh- with family?" Peter choked up a bit on the phone, cringing at his awkward 'goodbye'.

"Bye man, take some pictures for me!" Ned said, hanging up the phone.  Peter slumped back on his bed, raising his fingers to text MJ to be invited. He thought it would be less awkward than calling her out of the blue. 

Peter :

Yo MJ, you doing anything today?

: MJ

No. Just reading and eating. The usual, to be honest.

Peter :

I heard you liked amusement park's, so I wanted to invite you to the carnival downtown today. I was going to invite you and Ned, but he had family biz. He was really sad about it too because Mr. Stark is going to be there. He's taking me and a guest. 

: MJ

Sure, man. Sounds cool, I do like myself a few rides here and there. Oh and Stark coming is cool too, I guess. Why is he bringin us, exactly?

: MJ 

*Bringing

Peter

He told me I was doing really well with my missions and whatnot, so I guess he wanted to reward me. He said I needed a babysitter when I wanted to run off, so that's why I'm bringing a friend.

: MJ

Am I getting paid?

Peter :

Huh?

: MJ

For the babysitting. I need a new book.

Peter

If I find any change on the ground, I'll give it to you, deal? Beside's, Mr. Stark would probably give us money for the food and games there, so that could also work :D We're planning on going at around 1:00 PM, cool?

: MJ

Okay, I'm all in. You and Ned have been to my house before, so just pick me up there.