Heavy Words

A/N This chapter is from the perspective of only Tony, just letting you know as to not get confused. Enjoy!

EDIT: If you're re-reading this chapter, you might notice I changed some things. This is just for convenience in later chapter's, so don't get mad at me.

Tony felt the small boy breathe heavily against his chest, small whimpering could be heard in the night sky. Tony's throat was heavy and raspy as if he didn't breathe while on his way to the building. His eyes were foggy, tear's threatening to pour down his cold face. He couldn't think, he only wanted to know if Peter was okay.

The metal hunk of junk noticed a small island that was peaking up from a nearby lake. He thought he could land there, not wanting people to see the two at their lowest moment. He made sure Peter was still in his arms, and landed carefully on the island, leaning the teen against a boulder. He got out of his suit and examined him.

He covered his face in his arm's and legs, clenching his fist's and hiding his feet. He didn't look like he was hurt, but definitely scared stiff. He took a few breaths of relief that he wasn't hurt, but that didn't make his panic go away. 

"Kid w-" Tony's voice was harsh, cracking and stuttering, "are y-you okay?"

Peter didn't reply, he just kept crying into his arms. Tony didn't know what to say, what to do, what to think. He had dealt with anxiety attacks, scary experiences, but nothing like this. What could he do?

"P-Peter I-" Tony clamped his hands onto his shoulder's, causing the arachnid to look up. His face was covered in tear's, old and new. His hair was matted, and his eyes were red and puffy. Not to mention he was out in the cold for an hour. His nose and cheeks were red, and he was cold to the touch. Tony didn't know what to say, so he just pulled him forward into a tight hug.

"I'm s-so sorry... Pete..." Tony couldn't help but let a few tear's loose. The weight of what had happened hadn't hit him yet, but he was already breaking down. His body shook a bit, and his hand trembled as it cradled the back of Peter's head. He felt arm's wrap around him, and a head rest on his shoulder. He heard sob's and hugged the teen tighter. They both needed this, they both needed compassion and company right now.

"T-Tony..." He heard Peter say quietly, "thank you, s-so m-much..." The boy wept more. Tony rubbed his hair, trying to get the boy to calm down. He felt Peter start to breathe rapidly, getting more and more worked up. The boy stumbled back and crawled up on to the rock, holding his head. Tony knew what was happening, Peter was having a panic attack. 

"O-okay, kid... look at me." Tony said, grabbing the kid's hands and moving them away from his head, "It's going to be fine, o-okay? Copy my breathing." Tony exaggerated his breathing, allowing Peter to try to do the same. He knew what to do in these types of situations since he would have them now and then. Steve would alway's find him, and calm him down by doing this strategy.

After a while, Peter's breathing went back to normal, and he calmed down a bit. He sat cross-legged against the boulder, holding his hands by his feet. He refused to look Tony in the eyes, worried he would start to cry again. Tony sat in from of him in the same matter, but he examined Peter. 

He assumed that he changed out of his suit and had clothes with him because he was wearing a button-up and a sweatshirt with jeans. His sweatshirt was a green olive color, and its sleeves had a cross-stitch design on them. The sleeves and collar part of his sweatshirt had looked wet, Tony assuming the stains were from tears.

"Kid you-" Tony paused, pain shown in his eyes as he scrunched his face in grief, "did I really make you do this...?"

"I-it wasn't all you're fault... Mr. Stark..." Peter replied, taking back his arms and folding them, causing a sharp pain to corress his body. Tony looked at him, a bit confused, but mostly concerned.