Stage Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

She fumbles with her fingers taking another deep breath. "One day he was coming to pick me up we were going shopping for my sixth grade graduation...and these cops pull up right behind him as he's parked in front of our house. I remember him getting out right along with the cops. They went up talking to him and I could see from my front window he was getting upset but he never raised a hand or his voice. One of the cops started getting in his face so he went to push him off and.......the-the other cop just....he just....shot him. N-no warning no cause he just did it. At eleven years old I saw first hand that these cops out here aren't all going to serve and protect. It took a whole half hour before a ambulance showed up. My mom was at work I was alone and scared and confused because I saw everything he didn't do anything he was such a good guy the only male figure in my life and they took him from me like it was nothing."

Pulling her into me I let her cry herself out. I hate this is yet another moment of tears she's shed in this day period. This whole time I'm thinking it's just the fear of what usually happens when cops are around black men or people in general. But now I see she's just afraid of her past repeating itself. We've lived in this world through completely different lenses. I grew up thinking all cops were good but Tammy witnessed herself that's not true. I can't even imagine what that does to a child and then to experience it as an adult. I want to take this pain from her so bad mental trauma is not a easy thing to recover from.

"I'm so so sorry you went through that." I squeeze her tighter. "My only wish is to protect you and our girls for as long as I live and I don't plan for that to be short at all. I'm never leaving any of you I'll fight anyone to make sure you all are good. I love you so much Tammy."

"I can't lose you." She sobs more into my chest.

Taking a deep breath I try containing my emotions. Just deciding words aren't what she really needs at this moment I just hold her until she slips into a slight slumber. Slipping from under her I lightly step into the bathroom. She needs to relax more than I do and what more relaxing than being surrounded by warm water with bubbles in a dim bathroom.

Going back in her bedroom I plant kisses all over her face. She giggles trying to block my love.

"Chase what are you doing?"

"Waking you up. Come on I wanna take you somewhere."

Picking her up I lead the way into the bathroom. Seeing her tub waiting she looks back at me. After helping her undress dismissing my urge to bend her over this tub I help her in leaving out.

"Oh girlies who wants to go to aunties house!?"

Tammy

"You better be ready!"

Rolling my eyes I continue slaying my highlight. That bitch was shinning YAASSS! This nigga got me getting out the house at damn near ten at night for who knows.

All I know is I was sleeping then in a tub he leaves comes back telling me to get dressed for dinner. Who eats this late I'm gonna be fat!

"Babyyyyyyy lets go." He whines pushing the bathroom door open.