"No," Angela answered glumly. "I've always been a fairy, but my powers have been bound since before I met you. I was only given access to them today because I wanted to make sure you were safe." Emily's head tilted as she listened.

"Why wouldn't I be safe?" She asked.

"I sensed magical presences around you;specifically with you and no one else. There are more magical beings in town now than there has been in years." Angela answered, head hanging. She couldn't bring herself to look Emily in the eye; feeling all of Emily's feelings from across the room was one thing, witnessing them was another and she couldn't bear both.

Silence hung in the air between them as Emily absorbed what Angela told her. This is too much Emily thought tiredly.

"Why didn't you just tell me," Emily asked, breaking the silence. "I thought we were friends. I've trusted you with everything. You know everything there is to know about me, and now I'm finding out I never knew anything about you at all." Emily's voice broke and Angela's eyes shot to her face. Tears were silently falling down Emily's face, but Angela found herself unable to speak. There was nothing she could say to Emily that would erase the hurt, the betrayal.

"I'm so, so sorry," Angela whispered.

"So am I," Emily murmured. She turned and made her way back to the door, shuddering when the lock clicked and opened a crack before she reached it. "I need the rest of the week off," she said before exiting the office. She didn't wait for a reply, she wiped her tear stained face and made her way toward the exit, feeling more alone than she ever had in her life.

Angela watched as Emily left. Breathing was painful. She hadn't meant to hurt her friend; she just wanted to make sure she was safe. Using her magic once again she shut and locked the door before making her way to her desk. She dropped into her office chair and laid her head down on the surface of the desk. She pulled her phone out and dialed Jin's number. He answered almost immediately.

"You can bind me again," she said softly. "Emily caught me, but I don't think she's going to tell anyone."

Jin inhaled sharply.

"Please skip the lecture," Angela said, voice cracking. "I already know that I'm terrible and that she never would have found out if I hadn't insisted. So please, please Jin, keep the lecture to yourself."

"You are not terrible." Jin told her. "Foolish? Perhaps. Definitely in this instance, but your heart was in the right place. If Emily is truly your friend she'll come around once she gets over the shock."

"I hope so," Angela answered. "But that isn't what we should be most worried about. Before Emily caught me I was able to use my magic to find out what and who have been circling her. There's a genie and a shifter for sure. One being I've never sensed before and a trickster."

"Okay, well all of those are easily dealt with, with the exception of the unidentifiable one," Jin answered, not understanding the problem.

"That's not all though," she continued, sitting up straight. "Remember that agency that was starting to take root around the time Yoo betrayed you both? The one that's kind of anti magic, but claimed to want to make sure that mortals didn't discover magical beings existed?"

"Are you talking about Veil?" He asked.

"Yes! Them!" Angela answered. "One of their agents has been hanging around Emily."

"If they're on her too that can only mean trouble," Jin answered somberly. "Keep an eye on her. I'm not going to bind your magic again. We need to keep an eye on her so we can keep an eye on them. Both of them."

"Wait," Angela said. "Are you using her as bait?"

"Unfortunately, yes." He said. "But if putting her in danger means we can save Wishing Well or find out what happened to Namjoon, then that's a risk I'm willing to take."

Are y'all getting as excited as I am?? 

I know I said updates on Thursday, but I got done early and I love alliteration so Wish Wednesday it is!! 🎉🎉🎉

Thank you for editing for me saveme1800 you're the bomb!! 💜

I also really, really want to thank anyone that's ever read Wish or taken the time to say nice things about it. You have no idea how much your kind words and enjoyment mean to me.

I am especially thankful for Born2beSad and Hoseokiiss for encouraging me and being good sounding boards and brainstorming partners. Sometimes I don't think my chapters would get written if these two weren't encouraging me. 💜💜💜