𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓸

Taehyung's eyes opened at the sound. The drowsy man's eyes blinking lazily and eyebrows furrowed as he shook his head, maybe he was just dreaming and heard the sound of glass shattering in his dream?

He sighed and ruffled his hair, grabbing the other pillow and hugging to his chest, "just sleep, god I'm so annoying" he muttered to himself and closed his eyes again, breathing softly and feeling the soft material of his pillow against his cheek.

As a kid Taehyung always slept with his mother, cuddled against the comforts of the woman and later on it became a habit and he needed something to hug to go to sleep. When he was 5 his mother told him he should sleep in his own room now that he was a big boy and shouldn't be sleeping in between his mother and father, you could tell the 5 year old Kim was devastated.

He was about to the drift off to sleep again but then he heard it—the sound of a boy. His eyes slowly opened and he sat up, looking around his room and the first thought was that the apartment was haunted.

His eyes widened slightly and he quickly turned on the light on the nightstand, looking around the room, hoping to see the owner of the sound but there was no one.

No white ghost roaming around.

He groaned and reached out for his phone but..then he heard it again, this time more clear and his head instantly tilted up, looking up at the ceiling.

The voice sounded like a male's...but why did it sound like he'd been crying?

Taehyung gulped and licked his lips, staying silent and kept listening and then he heard it again.

The sniffles—the croak in the tone—the pleading.

He heard it all.

And then he heard something else which made him flinch not just physically but mentally too.

The sound of a body slamming on a wall and welp leaving whoever's throat. He could hear the muffled sounds of someone shouting before everything went silent.

Taehyung gulped and stayed just like he was, for some reason he couldn't move. Ears on alert and head tilted back, staring up at the ceiling.

2 minutes passed..

5 minutes passed...

10 minutes passed....

He couldn't sleep; he couldn't simply shake off the feeling of alert. He tried to close his eyes and go back to sleep but the sleep never came so he turned on some calming music on his phone.

Normally this always worked. Whenever he was in those moments where he was tired yet simply couldn't sleep he would put the same piano cover that his best friend gave him and it always made him drowsy and float to dreamland but for some reason it didn't work tonight—for the first time.

He sat up and turned the music off and got up, looking up at the ceiling for a moment.

Kim Taehyung had a big heart, he got it from his parents but at times like this he wished he would turn a blind eye or in this case, ear. But he couldn't so he did was his heart told him to do so he got out of the bed and out of the room.

He slipped on some slippers and opened the door, walking out towards the elevator. He was sure the sound came from the floor above. He lived on the 3rd floor so once the silver doors opened and he got in he pressed on the 4th floor button.

When the doors opened he stepped out into a hallway that looked exactly like the one he lived in so he walked over to the door above his and took a quick deep breath before knocking on the door. He didn't know what to expect but he was sure he heard those noises.

Under a minute he heard the door open making him take a step back. A boy showed up, looking at Taehyung with some emotion in his eyes that he couldn't quite catch.

The boy stepped out and closed the door behind as if he was trying to conceal whatever conversation they were about to have from the person inside.

He took a look at the boy and instantly he felt his heart skip a small beat—he was so handsome. Taehyung wasn't even sure if handsome would be enough to describe how he looked. But his eyes were dull, his face looked tired as if he hadn't had a good sleep in a week.

"C-can I help you?" he asked and that made Taehyung to quickly snap back into reality.

"Hey, sorry to disturb but I heard some noises and I just wanted to check if everything was okay. Oh right, I'm Kim Taehyung—"

"I think your ears are playing ticks on you" the boy cut in making Taehyung blink in confusion.

"Huh?"

He shook his head, "no, I heard it from the apartment above mine. I'm sure it came from here" he told the boy and noticed how uncomfortable he grew he also noticed how he was wearing a sweater that was zipped up all the way to his chin and it was oversized too, only showing the tips of his fingers and this left Taehyung thinking why he was wearing such a sweater in the middle of summer when even the nights were hot in Korea during the season.

"Thanks for caring Taehyung-ssi, that's nice of you" the boy told him, giving the smallest smile he could probably muster and that also didn't reach his eyes at all.

"But I have to go back inside now. I wish I could tell you about the noises but I didn't hear anything. It must have been the wind" he said softly and bowed, turning around.

"I don't think it was the wind" Taehyung was quick to reply, narrowing his eyes and staring at the back of the boy's head.

The boy was about to open the door but turned his head to the side, not looking over his shoulder but enough to see Taehyung from his peripheral vision.

"It must have been the wind. Good night, sir" he said in an almost stern tone which made Taehyung's eyes widen slightly as if he wanted Taehyung gone away from him—far away. He watched him lower his head in a small bow and open the door, quickly closing it behind, not even letting him see a glimpse of the inside, and leaving him in a pit of mixed feelings as he stared at the closed door.

Jungkook sighed and leaned against the door, biting his lip and trying not to show his weakness. He let out a shaky breath and clutched his right arm.

Taking two steps away from the door he turned back, looking at it with a longing expression.

Was the person still outside?

How much did he hear?

He sighed and rubbed his arm that his boyfriend had slammed against the wall.

He eventually tore his gaze away and turned back, looking at the ruined living room. Gently kneeling down he stared at the pieces of glass on the floor from the beer bottle that was thrown at the wall, he remembered how it almost hit his head—

"No...he..he loves me" he muttered and started to collect the pieces of brown glasses.

But does he?