Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen : Gipakatawo pag-usab - Manipulating Him

Ivana's POV

I panicked and I just climbed into the car and drove aimlessly. The threatening tone in Damon's voice actually did the trick. I was getting further and further away from Mystic Falls. Their wish was my command. I blindly drove though the very lonely driveway. My mind was empty of thoughts. Was I worth the freedom of emptiness?

The pitch black road was very comforting. The trees that surrounded the black striking concrete were like a warm embrace. The sun going down in the horizon was the light touch of a lover, a sibling, a parent, a friend. Did I deserve it?

Everything was so uniformed and harmonized nicely together. It was my sweet escape. The escape of a coward who not only was running from their crimes but their feelings too. Maybe I was mentally sick. A normal person would be devastated right now. Why can't I be normal?

My focus must have drifted off from the constant moving road cause a figure was suddenly visible in my front view. I slammed on the breaks quickly causing myself to hit its head on the stirring wheel. I slowly looked up at the person who was stupid enough to be on the path of a car moving with such great speed. The blonde locks and the stormy blue eyes that starred straight at me, piercing my heart and soul, could only belong to the one and only Niklaus. His breathing was uneven and very sloppy which made the hairs on my whole body to stand straight up in alarm.

I opened the door and exited from the car. With only one second of our eyes meeting I was trapped in his drug like hug. The warm feeling of his body and the smell of his essence made me dig further into his hug begging for more.

"How did you find me?" I asked truly in awe. This whole world of the supernatural was still so new and so fresh to me. No one acknowledged that, which was making it harder for me to adjust. There is no way that he magically found me. Maybe he could have found me with the help of magic... Either way I had no idea of what tools and methods he might have used. That's the point.

"It wasn't that hard. As soon as I saw that you were gone it took a few moment to track you down." He ran his hand through my hair, pulling me closer in his embrace, as if I would disappear if he loosened his hold. It was so comforting. My heart was being filled with this unknown feeling. Was it simply a pull, an attraction, or was it something more? Love maybe?

"Track me down?" His touch was doing wonders. I felt like I was melting under his strong arms. The comfort he was providing was enough to put me under a spell.

"You know I have my witches. It was the easiest task for them." He made small pause. Niklaus took a deep breath and continued. "When I noticed you were gone I felt like I lost you forever. It was terrifying." I could hear how hurt he was by his voice. The slightest tremble could be detected if you listened closely. This moment of vulnerability wasn't expected. At least, not expected from Niklaus.

"I'm sorry." I don't know if my I apology was towards him for scaring him or towards me for getting into the current mess I am in. It could have been both.

"Promise me you won't ever do it again." He pulled away from the embrace making me miss extremely his touch already. The cold air cooled down my skin, taking away the warmth I got from him. I shivered as a strong wave of wind hit us. My hair pulled away from my face exposing my face to him, having my emotions on full display.

Niklaus looked deeply into my eyes. I was so sure he wouldn't take a no for an answer. The way his eyes pierced into my soul made it impossible to say no. I knew that promises weren't to be kept. If you asked me a few months ago I would have said promises are sacred to keep but now the circumstances were different.