Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen : Ponovno rođen - Running Away

Ivana's POV

Since I've been here for way too long I had found my way around this place. Most of the time I was alone so I was able to explore a little bit. There is one bedroom in this apartment that Elijah doesn't use so it was pretty much my own. There's one bathroom, one kitchen, a living space and another room that I have no access to.

Unfortunately, I have no lock picking skills like most movies portray people having. So no bobby pin or sharp object could come at hand. Maybe some sort of card would do the trick.

I rushed through the kitchen area and opened cabinets and drawers to find anything useful. Mostly they were empty. No cards, no keys. 

An idea got into my head but I don't think it was the smartest. Kicking off the handle was pretty reasonable. Maybe not, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I sized down the door. The handle was well rounded and was painted in a very beautiful shade of silver. I brought my leg up and with a quick kick I hit the door handle. I could feel vibrations going up my leg from the strong impact. That hurt a lot. The door handle stayed intact, it didn't bulge or anything like that. Maybe I need to think more practical. If I was a vampire where would I hide a very important key? I don't think vampires need spare keys. If he desperately wanted to get in he could break very easily the door.

Shall I wait for him? Is it the smartest thing to do? Should I ask him about what's bugging me?

I let out a breath of frustration. It's nice having people giving you attention but come on. Why can't they care one bit more about me?

Okay, now that I've had my self pity moment it's time to move on. I once again went into deep search mode. I opened all the cabinets and drawers that were inside of this apartment. I looked at them very carefully. The objects that I could use was a hammer, utensils and some duck tape. What if I make the fork into a way that can fit through the door? OH I HAVE THE BEST IDEA.

If I turn the spikes of the spoon with the hammer into a ninety degree angle I can fit it into the side of the door. Then with the help of the hammer I can push it the opposite way and puff the door is open.

I smiled in triumph thinking of my plan. The crazy thing that happened was that it worked perfectly. I think my perfect execution was the one to thank.

The door frame was broken and now I had full access in the room. With a very simple look it seemed like an everyday office. A desk in the middle, book selves in the back, documents everywhere etc. but it was a little bit more messy than you would have expected. Not Elijah's style to be honest.

I walked towards the wooden desk and sat on a velvet green chair. I looked upon what I had to work with. My first instinct was to look at the drawers before diving in the documents.

The drawers were filled with notepads, notebooks and sticky notes. I was so curious about his plan. Opening the very last drawer I found a dagger. It was not a regular one. It felt extremely important. I wondered what it was for. It's energy was radiating in very strong waves. The way the handle of the dagger rested on my hand felt quite familiar.

I looked around at the desk picking a notebook. It felt very nice under the touch. It had this very nice leathery feel you'd get from extremely old notebooks. It's pages were securely shut with the help of a very long strap of leather. I unwrapped it from its protective strap and started running through the pages.

'How to kill him?'

'Dagger'

'Ashes'

'Sacrifice'