Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven : Renacido -  The Truth

Ivana's POV

I looked around at the place this man brought me. It wasn't homey or anything like that. It felt very distant and cold. This man with the suit most probably didn't spend much time here. Everything was neatly organized. It was impressing. He walked a little bit towards a big window while I stayed put in my place.

"Sit." He didn't look at me. In one simple motion I sat on the coffee brown sofa. The man had a troubled look on his face. I don't really know why but I felt like I needed to somehow help him.

He picked his cellphone and called someone. He entered into a room and was out of my vision. Maybe this was my opportunity to escape. If I didn't go now maybe I wouldn't have a chance later.

I quickly stood up and run for the door. As soon as I opened the dark oak door it was forced closed. I gulped and cold sweat dripped from my forehead. I felt his presence right behind me. His hot breath was next to my ear. The hairs on my back stood straight awake from this kind of closeness.

"I would advise you to go sit on the couch." I turned around and the man stood at the window on the very end of the living room. I hate it when they do this speed running thing. It makes me feel very vulnerable. After a second, I proceeded with what he said. He just stood there and watched me. His eyes followed each and every of my movement. I walked towards the sofa keeping my eyes on him scared that he might attempt something.

"You know what, I came looking for something else and I got something far more better." Only his lips moved and nothing else. No emotion was displayed on his eyes. It was far more scary than someone who was acting and/or was crazy. The deadly calmness in his presence terrified me to the core. But, to be honest, I would be lying if I said I didn't have this slight feeling of safeness. It was very weird. How can the same person who makes every bone in your body tremble, at the same time, create this illusion of protection?

"I-I can't understand how I can be someone of value." My throat tightened and my voice broke. I tried to contain my emotions as much as I could. I was one hundred percent sure that my sister would come to my rescue. That's why I was complying with this man. At least, that's what I wanted to believe. If Bonnie didn't want to help me it would make my life meaningless right now.

"I don't even know, who are you?" I continued my little rant but still he didn't look anything near answering my questions. I didn't look at him. The longer I looked at him the sadder I felt and the tighter my throat felt. So I averted my gaze from him, swallowing the overwhelming feelings that were building up.

"You know that's impossible, right? Do you know how agonizing it was to watch you die?" This time the man finally spoke. It took one minute but eventually he averted his gaze from me. With one smooth movement he run his hand from his mouth to his chin.

"You had us all fouled, just like Katerina." Slowly his emotions surfaced. I was beyond confused. Katerina? Who was he talking about? He might had been crazy after all.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. You are in no position to blame me for something I never did!" I was getting very brave here. I don't know where I found this courage but I did. Maybe I was playing with fire and I was about to get burned. The judgement I was getting hit me the wrong way.

With one quick motion I was lifted off the sofa. The man was choking me. The air was knocked out from my lungs and I struggled for freedom. I closed my eyes as I was feeling life giving up on me. I tried scratching his hand but it was useless. He had the upper hand.

I landed on the soft mattress of the sofa. I opened my eyes again as I coughed trying to get as much air as I could back to my lungs. The burning feeling made me nauseous. I averted my gaze higher to see what was happening