Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen : Renaskiĝita - Why Do this?

Ivana's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is our last stop, Mystic Faaaaalls."   I laughed at Derek. He was very funny and I can admit I had a great time on the road trip. He could sense my bad mood and he tried his best to lift it up. His jokes and 'clown like' behavior made forget about my problems. But as soon as he pulled the car over near the Mystic Falls' sign everything came back to my mind.

"Thanks a lot. Let me give you my number I owe you a big one and maybe we can go and have some coffee sometime." I giggled as he passed me his phone. Unlocking it I smiled looking down at the spongebob squarepants wallpaper. It did match his personality a lot.

"It would be my pleasure-" One moment Derek was smiling and the other he was tossed away to the sidewalk. The great force created a small breeze pushing my hair back.

"Oh my god!" I pushed with as much strength that I had on the door to get it to open. Due to my bad luck the door was stuck shut. I tried with all my force to open it.

"You fucking door open!" Pushing didn't seem to do the job. I could see Derek struggling on the floor trying to catch his breath. From the shadows I started to notice a figure moving towards him. I had to do something more drastic. Seeing the fear in Dereks eyes scared me even more. The way with slender body laid on the floor and the scrunched look his face had pushed my adrenaline even further.

My next best idea was to start slumming my body on the door. It took two strong slums to get it opened. My body rolled on the pavement as I wasn't expecting the door to open so suddenly. The figure was getting closer and closer but not close enough for me to recognize.

I quickly stood up and run to Derek. I wanted to do as much as I could do. The problem was that I didn't know what was happening. I could only blame this attack on magic. There was no other logical option. At this point though, I was expect everything.

"STOP!" I screamed facing the figure. Slowly yet steadily, it was getting exposed enough for me to see the person's face. I was stuck in my place as the familiar features came into my view. The figure that I was staring at so intensively, now, was walking in slow motion and everything around me seemed to fade away.

"Bonnie?" I was shocked to say the least. My sister who I thought wouldn't dare to hurt anybody, right now, was killing a man.

"YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" I screamed once again but she wasn't phased. She kept chanting words I couldn't understand while her hands were on her side in a weird angle. With one quick motion her open palms closed and now Derek laid dead next to me.

"How could you do that...?" I fell to my knees. My head was hanging down looking at my hands. She just killed him like it was nothing. A human life was treated like a piece of trash.

"Things have changed. I couldn't let him away after what is going to happen." She said. Her face didn't change its expression. She seemed only like the shell of my sister, like a fake illusion. I didn't want to believe anything that was happening. My sister wouldn't do anything like this.

"Bonnie this isn't you. You are selfless, caring, loving. You're as warm as a sun ray and you bring happiness to everyone around you. Please don't do this." I begged my sister. I couldn't get it. I couldn't get how we got to this place. Maybe  everything that I though existed between us was overrated by me. Maybe I created this fake illusion of loving and caring feeling. I never asked how she felt, I just assumed it.

Bonnie raised her hands and I could feel my body lifting off the ground. Before my whole body was lifted up I managed to pick up a rock.

"Bonnie I'm your sister for god's sake." I managed to say as my breath was getting short. I'm surprised I managed to let those words escape. As my legs lifted completely off the ground it was impossible to breath. The invisible force was squeezing shut my air canals. No, there's no way this is gonna end like this.