Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen : Pånyttfödd - Curiosity

Ivana's POV

Slowly he closed the distance between us until we were a few inches away from each other. Our lips inches away from touching. His hot breath danced on my lips magnetizing me to him. I closed my eyes and my mind traveled to a whole other planet.

Oh my god, what am I doing? I don't know this man. This isn't like me. Quickly I turned my head. Obviously, he got my message and moved away. His wam presence moved away from my body. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't displeased.

"Wait, I seriously don't know what has happened between us before but please remember I don't have any of those memories anymore. I'm not the same person." I didn't even think of what to say. I had my eyes closed tight and spat out words. I panicked and I don't know why. It's not like it's the first time I rejected somebody but this feels different. The sensation felt so familiar. I opened my eyes and saw Niklaus already half way through to the car.

"Hey, where are you going?" I stood up quickly and run after him. I didn't want to be left behind in the middle of nowhere. Not my cup of tea to be honest.

"We're leaving. This was just a break. We have a long way to go." He didn't stop walking nor did he look back at me. I got quickly into the car. It was very hard not to pick up the quick change of the aura that was radiating off of him. Clearly, what happened moments ago affected him a lot. It did affect me too though don't get me wrong. I just didn't expect for that to happen. A small smile made its way onto my lips. Slowly, I raised my hand and touched exactly where his breath brushed on me.

He was practically a stranger. But if he was a stranger so was Elijah. But trust me it's different. Elijah has acted somewhat 'humanish' towards me. Well, at least he was respective enough and showed some affection.

Niklaus on the other hand wasn't even present for the most part. He just comes and goes as he pleases. He demands things that need time to develop. He's basically testing his luck.

The journal itself said.

20 March 1524

Nik is an impulsive, arrogant but at the same time elegant and mysterious man. A lot of ladies seem to get blinded by the second part of who he is while forgetting his other side. It's truly very sad.

A person is who they are with all their attributes. Without one of their characteristics they instantly stop being the same person. Hence, it's very important for everyone, and for me, to understand that we shouldn't aim towards changing someone. We need to respect who someone is and accept them for their 'good' and 'bad' side. If we can't compromise with their faults then that person doesn't matter that much to us otherwise we wouldn't want them to change in the slightest regardless that.

It's always fascinating how I learn more and more by being beside him. Not only about him but also about the world. He's been quite the companion.

From my current perspective I couldn't agree more. He was indeed arrogant and impulsive. But it was actually more interesting than annoying. At least, so far. He has a very unique personality. I admit not everyone can like it but I find it very interesting and the hint if the mysterious vibes makes me want to get to know him even more.

He was very quiet and although the tense atmosphere that surrounded us he did start to relax little by little as time passed by. I did admire this man that stood in front of me. He might not show it but he does have a kind heart. It's clearly visible in his eyes. But, I can't wrap my finger around something. Why doesn't he want to show that more good, gentle, part about him?

"Wait in the car." I got out of my thoughts and looked at Niklaus. He already had gotten out of the car. I looked around at my surroundings and noticed that he had pulled in front of a house. From my point of view I wasn't able to see what was happening. Nik was talking to someone.

I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to look around the car. I opened the small drawer that was in front of me. There wasn't much. The only useful thing that I found was my phone?! Wait I thought I had it on me all this time. When did he even get it. I quickly unlocked it only to find out that I had no messages. Absolutely nothing.

I sighed and placed the phone where I found it. It's not like it would be very useful to me. It was on five percent battery. I don't know if I shall be sad or angry. I'm so done being overruled by all these negative emotions. It's time for a bright, more cheerful future. But to be honest even thought I do want to laugh and I do want to be happy the only feeling that I have at the moment is numb. I'm trying to get accustomed with everything that's happening. Seriously, I don't know what's the worst part. The loss of your uncle, your sister pretending like you don't exist, being kidnapped by vampires or discovering that you lived five hundred years ago.

I sighed and run my hands down my face. The sudden sound of the car opening made me jump. I instantly turned towards the source of the noise. Nik climbed into the car with a very beautiful woman. Who was she? Am I jealous? Nah, I can't be. It's not like I feel any attraction to this man.

The ride back was very silent. I didn't expect it to be that way. I wanted to talk to him but every time I tried to his body tensed which caused me to stop. Nik left me back to the apartment where we were faced with a very angry Elijah. The bad thing was that Nik didn't stay around to calm down Elijah which only meant that I had to calm down this beast. The scariest thing about Elijah is that when he is angry he is awfully calm. Too calm for my liking.

"You thought it was okay to defy my rules." It wasn't a question but more like a statement. I didn't know what to say.

"Uuuhm, I just needed some air." I came up with the lamest excuse. It was partially true but it didn't justify my actions.

"I believe the windows would have provided what you needed." With one smooth motion he opened the window that was next to him. I gulped trying to think of something.

"Come on Elijah. I've been in here for how long? One week, two weeks? I don't even remember. I needed to go out." I sat down on the sofa not looking at him. I don't think that I was one hundred percent wrong with this matter. If I stayed any longer in here I would get crazy. But to be honest, I did somewhat regret going out with Nik.

"If you wanted to go out you should have asked me." Oh heck no. He's being unreasonable.

"You would have said no!" He knew what I said was true.

"I hope you enjoyed his company cause you won't have to deal with it anytime soon." Huh?

"Wait what do you mean?" I was truly confused. Is he gonna lock me in here or is something else going to happen.

"I have to go I hope you'll be a good girl and not cause any more trouble." Before I could respond he was out the door. I needed to know what was happening. What was he trying to hide?

.

.

.

.

.

Thanks so much for reading this chapter!!❤️💕💞

❤️Vote

💬Comment

💕Follow

-Love
Andrea🌙