Chapter Two

Chapter Two : Sündida - Welcome to Mystic Falls

Ivana's POV

"Welcome to Mystic Falls." I read the sign as we entered the borderlines of the city. My voice was low in a whispery tone because I didn't want to seem too weird to the kind taxi driver. He was a sweet little Mexican guy and I wanted to squeeze his adorable chubby cheeks. But surprisingly he was giving of a scary aura which he tried to hide so I wouldn't be scared. That was a fatherly gesture if you would ask. Just the thought brought tears into my eyes as this reminded of my dear uncle. I seriously need to call him but I don't have a phone and I will not ask this man for his. I don't wanna be a burden.

"You're from here young lady?" The taxy driver asked.

"Yes sir, kind of-" I scratched my neck trying to find the right words. My hands moved to the pendants round my neck. I could feel myself relaxing with this action. "-it's the place where I was born but I don't see it as home." I replied honestly to the 40 year old looking man.

"Be careful, even though you might know of the danger that this small town holds, be careful. Have your ears and eyes open at all times." He said cautiously emphasizing each word. I nodded thankful of up for his warning but my curiosity got the best of me once again.

"Excuse me sir, but what's the reason behind your warning?" I quietly asked trying to be as respectful as I could. The man looked at me through the rear mirror.

"The murders. It seemed that it was quite for a long time but then the murders started again. No murderer to be found yet. Some say it's animal attacks. Either way it's very worrisome and I wouldn't want you to be hurt." His attention turned back to the road ahead. His cheerfulness long gone. I bit my bottom lip anxiously and a little bit scared. I was never prepared for such situations, I always had uncle to protect me.

"You know what, you remind me of my daughter. You're a curious little creature like she used to be. But remember, curiosity killed the cat. I would hate to see another young face on the news." That's why he had that rock hard face a moment ago. His daughter was murdered and this poor family didn't get any justice for her death.

"Thank you. And I'm very sorry for your loss." I looked at me lap unable to meet his eyes.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. This is our destination." The man said. I paid him and then I said my goodbyes.

I took a big breath and walked towards the house I have seen very little in my whole life. This was supposed to be my hometown but I never got the chance to live here. Stupid family. They should have left their differences aside and not blame a baby.

I knocked on the door about the 100th time but no response. I was ready to kick this door and leave. But what if Bonnie was coming home and that evil murderer followed her and killed her. That thought hand me standing still in front of the door,my lips pressed in a thin line. After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to search around the town for Bonnie. Maybe I could ask somebody if they know where she is. Anyways I couldn't stay out here for that long as I was freezing.

I was walking when I came across a place called the Mystic Grill. Hmm, I guess it's time for a break. I entered inside noticing that there wasn't a lot of people. There were a few people sitting at some tables, a very sexy blondie as a barman and a man with black hair at the stool.

I walked towards the two men and made myself comfortable on a high bar chair. I struggled a little which made the mysterious man with the blue magnetizing eyes giggle. A blush spread across my cheeks and I cleared my throat.

"Hey I'm Ivana I'm new in town." I decided to end the awkward silence that was on us for about an agonizing minute.

"Matt." He shook my hand. A friendly smile appeared on his face. This was my chance to make a new friend.