LXIII

After the therapy session with Cordae, Nahmir walks pass everyone once again with his head held low with a red face and puffy eyes. It was evident he was crying. Though most of his dreads draped his face, covering it.

"Looks like someone's been crying," Zion spotted. Nahmir flicks him off before going upstairs.

Everyone expressions turns stale as they watched him go upstairs, hearing a door slam.

"What's his problem?" Shauna snobbishly says.

"I know right, he's acting hateful to everyone," Valerie inputs.

"Maybe this whole thing's gotten to him, y'all. We wouldn't know, maybe he's stressed," Manny said, holding his phone tightly as if Zion was to take it.

         Cordae came from downstairs and sat beside Shauna on the couch with his earphones in.

     "What's wrong with Nahmir?" asked Shauna.

   Cordae took it upon himself to not spill Nahmir's business, "I don't know. We weren't talking about nothing."

      "He's lying like hell," Jay's pot boils.

  Cordae cuts his eyes at Jay, "And, nigga? It's none of y'all business. Period."

      Jay rolls his eyes at Cordae. He was honestly jealous Nahmir went to talk to Cordae instead of him. Cordae was replacing him with Cordae as his best friend.

     "You can look at me like that all you want, ain't shit finna change on mommy," Cordae scoffs.

       "Look you guys, it's not even that serious. Just let it go... let's stay out of his business, if he meant to tell it with one person, then it shall stay with that one person. It's obvious Nahmir trusts Cordae more than you, Jay," Valerie said, gesturing.

"You don't think I see that?" Jay rolls his eyes. Him and Nahmir were cool at the moment, but they were distant from eachother. That day when Blaze and Nahmir were leaving to Birmingham, he was vlogging to warm up to Nahmir because he forgave him for assulting him. Nahmir knew he couldn't be so close to Jay anymore after said what he did.

"Look, Jay, don't come hostile at my girl, Valerie. Just because you said and did a few thing's Nahmir disliked, doesn't mean you finna treat us anyway you like, nigga," Yola finally spoke. Everyone was taken back by her boldness of putting herself out there.

"Don't worry, Yola. This nigga just jealous," Cordae says, seeing through Jay's words, "he knows what he said. Nahmir doesn't play about his things and Jay knows that."

"Y'all finna get off my dick, bro," says Jay as he stood, going upstairs.

"We shouldn't be arguing like this. We're stuck in this house together, there's no room for us to separate from eachother. We are grown, stop acting like children," Zion spoke, making a point.

"Zion's right. We can't separate from eachother, now. We're too deep in some bullshit that all of us has ties to," Shauna said.

"About the bullshit, we need to talk to Blaze and Nahmir about the plan," Cordae sighs.

"Why them?" asked Manny.

"Do you know what we're talking about?"

"No."

"Okay, then."

Once Blaze hears the bedroom door slam, she jerks from her sleep, alarmed. She moans, rubbing her eyes, looking up, "Nick, what the bloody hell–" she seen his puffy eyes as he walks into the bathroom and shuts the door.

She brings her legs to the hinge of the bed, placing her feet on the carpet before standing, walking to the bathroom's door, twisting the door knob. It was locked.

She sighs, placing her forehead against the cold paint of the door, "Nick, open the door," she sleepily slurred.

He didn't answer.

She sighs, again. If it wasn't one thing it was another. She could say it about herself, also.

"Nicholas, open it..."

When she didn't get not one peep out of Nahmir, she stops trying, giving him space. She walks downstairs, not before being shoulder bumped accidentally by Jay, seeing everyone quiet.

Blaze flips her hair behind her shoulder, sluggishly, "What's the matter with him?"

Cordae given her a look she couldn't figure out while the rest shrugs.

"We just know he was crying," Zion answers.

"...Why?" she asks, "Cordae, it looks like you know something that I don't."

He only shakes his head looking down at his phone. She given them skeptical looks before walking to the kitchen and grabbing a water from the fridge, going back upstairs.

     "That ass getting fatt-er," Shauna hypes, sticking her tongue out. Blaze just giggles as she walks up the staircase.

            She walks into the room, seeing Nahmir laying on her bed with his back facing her. Setting the bottle down, she climbs onto the bed.

       "Nick?" she tries to pull his hair from his face as she hovered him from the side.

       "Stop, my head hurts," he shrugs her off, groaning.

      "I'm sorry, baby. I'll stop," she hugs him from behind, burying her face in his back, "I won't worry you right now."

      He was silent, utterly. Blaze wanted to know the problem, but he wasn't speaking on it, so she left it be.

     Sighing, she turns the lamp off before re-hugging him, letting the darkness and natural light from the moon engulf them.

🅱️VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE.🅿️