LX

It was five days later and Nahmir's mom, Cathy, was having another get together. In the summer time and fall, Cathy had the most gatherings. Everyone wasn't there, yet.

        "Nicholas, baby, can you make the pasta for me? Make sure you put some italian zest sauce and parmasan in it," Cathy says, pulling her cake from the oven, "you remember how I make it."

      "R'd," he obliged, washing his hands, making himself useful.

        Grabbing the clear glass bowl, prepping the set up, he grabs the vegetable rotini pasta noodles, opening the package, pouring it into a boiler pot with boiling water.

        As he done so, he looks out the kitchen window, only to see Blaze and Cartier in the backyard. In their little yellow and orange button down dresses and sandals, with their hair in a bun, and the sun gleaming down onto their melaninated skin, they sat on their knees on a white plaid picnic blanket.

        After saying a few things, Blaze smile grew wider, before she picks Cartier from the blanket, hugging her, swinging her around as she laughs adorably.

       "Awe," his heart melts at their actions.

"Boy, what're you cooing for? You gone over boil the noodles," Cathy shooked her head, turning down the iron.

     "My bad, ma. I was looking outside," Nahmir admits before getting a drainer for the noodles, washing it out before using it.

      Cathy looks over his shoulder before chuckling, "They are cute, aren't they? It's sad babygirl doesn't know who the baby daddy is... I just hope she wasn't whor–"

        "Ma, Ma, Ma, she isn't a hoe," Nahmir stops her, "she's been tooken advantage of."

       Cathy was now confused, "Advantaged? Babies are made by consent."

      Nahmir forgotten she didn't know the story of Blaze and how she's gotten this far so strongly, "You're not understanding, she was taken advantage of by two people..."

     Cathy gasps, "Why didn't you tell me? Had me calling babygirl a hoe and shit—"

      "Because I didn't know either until last year."

"Awe, I know you was hurt when you found out?" she frowns.

    "Yeah, I was," he admits, truthfully.

    "My goodness," she stares out the window at Blaze, "bad things always happen to the innocent ones."

       People began to pack into the backyard as Nahmir sets up the table outside.

       A little girl came over to Blaze and Cartier, smiling. She was so precious with her bone straight hair, light skin, and emerald green eyes. She had to be no older than three, "Do you want play with me?" she asks with her hands behind her back.

       "Look, Cartier, someone wants to play with you," Blaze says as Cartier sticks by her side, staring up at the little girl. She's never really interacted with anyone besides Logina, Nahmir and Blaze.

      "It okay if you don't want play with me, I understand," she frowns.

      Cartier stood to her feet, "I play with you."

  The girl's eyes and smile brightens, "Really?!" Cartier nods before she took her hands and runs her off to a sandbox with other children. There, she met new toddlers just like herself.