XXXVIII

THE NEXT DAY, Blaze gotten ready to visit Nahmir once again. Slipping on her tan moccasins and jacket, she grabs her keys to the house and head out to the car.

   As she was driving, a her phone ringed; the name, Taymor, flashed across the screen. She frowned as she grips her phone from the passenger seat. They haven't talked to eachother since two months ago.

    "Hello?" she answered, keeping her eyes on the road.

     "Blaze, you 'ight?" he asked, being concerned about her for once. Taymor wasn't the nicest.

    "Yes, why?"

    "Man, Blaze, we tried to stop his ass, but he wouldn't listen to us! Now ole boy in the medicine house!" Taymor sighs. Taymor and Nahmir didn't have the best relationship, but Blaze didn't know that.

      "...Why are you just now calling me about this? You a little too late," she began getting suspicious.

      "I know, that's because I'm just now hearing about it. What hospital he in? I'm coming to visit–"

    "About that, I don't think security will let you in."

   "What you mean, security?"

       "They have security by his door," explained Blaze.

"I'm still comin'," he hangs up.

     Blaze looks at her phone with a stink face before tossing it into the passenger seat.

Taymor and Blaze walks into the room. The security let Taymor in seeing he was with her assuming he was trustworthy.

Seeing the line on the heart monitor beat up and down in a zigzag fashion, she looks at Nahmir who was well in a coma, relying on a machine that was plugged into a socket.

Everytime she seen him lying there, helplessly, she feels a range of emotions get trapped in her throat.

"I'll be back," she tells Taymor as she walks to the in room bathroom. Taymor stares at Nahmir in a demented demeanor.

After using the bathroom and washing her hands, Blaze walks out the bathroom, only to see Taymor gone and Nahmir left with a flatline, causing it to beep tremendously. The machines tube was destroyed.

She gasps, "NO!" she cries, rushing to Nahmir's aid, climbing on the bed.

What could she do? Call the doctor? They'll take too long! Taking a large huff of oxygen, she climbs ontop of him, placing her mouth ontop of his, puffing oxygen into his body.

"Please, Nick, please," she continues to do mouth to mouth, "don't leave me!"

Suddenly, he gasps for air, coughing and groaning. His face bringing its life back, but still pale.

"Nick!" she cries, hugging him whole as he lays lifelessly, staring at the ceiling emotionless.

Her head lyes on his chest as she sobbed, hugging him for dear life. She was scarred. Out of habit, she flinched when he gently wraps a arm around her.

            "B-Blaze, water," he croaks. She looks at him before obliging for his water.

Putting the water to his lips, she sniffed, "T-Taymor tried to pull the plug; he tried to kill you and I don't know why!"

Nahmir sighs, thankful he's alive. He was too weak to ask her about Taymor; at the moment, he could care less about him.

Even though he tried to purposely kill him.

"Nick, I'm so happy you didn't leave me; I was so scared," Blaze said, sitting the cup down and engulfing him into a careful bear hug, again.

"I know... I was, too," he let out. Fury was slowly growing inside of him, numbness wasn't taking part anymore... except under his ribs.

Two days later, Whilst Nahmir was in the process of being released, he was in the bathroom changing.

He winced as he accidentally touched a wound in his stomach that wasn't fully healed trying to put on the black article of clothing.

"You alright, bruh?!" Jay yelled from outside the bathroom.

"Yeah!" Nahmir carefully placed his shirt on. Grabbing the red Nike duffle, he eases out the bathroom.

"Lets go, bro," Jay grabs the duffle from Nahmir's hold, giving him a hand.

"I'm alright," Nahmir gently shoves Jay away.

"If you say so," he shrugs.

"Mrs. Blige, Taymor is rebelling against us," Blaze says as she sits across from the Queen Pin.

"What do you mean by that? Taymor has never betrayed us."

"I was visiting my boyfriend in the hospital and he called, saying he wanted to visit also," Blaze sighs, "I let him come with me, but while I was in the bathroom, he tried to pull the plug on him! Why would he do that?"

Ms. Blige frowned, "Who is this boyfriend you speak of?"

"...YBN Nahmir."

Ms.Blige whips out her phone and going to its search engine.

Ms. blige had a look Blaze couldn't figure out.

"What's wrong, Ms.Blige?"

"He... he... be careful Blaze."

"What do you mean?"

"In due time, you will know what I mean. Keep your identity safe and don't show your alternative side."

Alternative side, the gang side.