II

"If You Ain't About That Life..."

        BLAZE HUFFED as she stuffed the notebook in her mini backpack with her basic hygiene products, along with her charger. She had woke bright and early this morning; with Lulu by her side, ahe was already exhausted. Now she had to arrive to the Battle Rap Festival downtown L.A.

       "Lulu!" Blaze yelled.

"In the kitchen!" Lulu yelled back, food occupying her mouth.

      "Stop eating and come on before I leave you!"

     "Ok, I'm coming!" Lulu grabs her chips and sandwich that she'd scavenged from Blaze's pantry and fridge. She locked the fromt door and ran out behind Blaze, "You got your keys, right?"

      Blaze sighed, "Yes."

Lulu looked at her in concern, "You good, friend?"

      Blaze nodded, starting the car.

"No, you aren't; you seem stressed."

       "I'm fine, ok?" Blaze said, partially furiated as she drove down the rode.

   "Blaze–"

      Blaze slammed the wheel, "I said I'm fuckin' fine! Stop asking if I'm fine because I am, damnit!"

     "...Damn, sorry," Lulu rolled her eyes as she bit into her sandwich once more.

     Blaze wasn't fine. She couldn't figure out why it was so hard to shoot the boy and be done with it. She felt guilty; the boy seemed as if he had a life waiting on him in the future. He was the youngest they'd killed. He was only sixteen years old.

         Blaze seen the BRF (Battle Rap Festival) banner along with a royal blue carpet in front of a building with no roof/ceiling. It was like a open concert you'd pay to get into.

     She parked near the building and stopped the engine.

    "I wonder who's all going to be there," Lulu says as she finish off her chips.

    Blaze shrugs as she hops out with a hood over her head, walking towards the special entrance.

    Walking up to the entrance, the bouncer asked for her name, "Name please?"

     "Blaze."

He looked on his list and gave her a lanyard with her ID on it.

"Hold up," he pushes Lulu back, "name?"

     Blaze butted in, "She's with me."

He nodded and let her in. Suddenly, Lulu screams. Blaze was shooked, snapping her attention to Lulu.

        "Girl, what's wrong with you?"

"It's my baby!" Lulu squeals excitedly, jumping up and down.

      "Huh?" Blaze was confused; she didn't know that Lulu had a boyfriend.