XXII | [XXI. CONTINUATION]

Blaze sits up, standing from the bed.

"Where're you goin'?" asked Nahmir, suspiciously.

      "Going to eat the food we cooked earlier," she answers as she slips on her white knitted sweater over her black spaghetti strap romper(where you could still see skin, the sweater has big knits). Nahmir only nodded, watching her exit the room before heading back to sleep.

      Blaze walks downstairs, scrunching her nose to the smell of cancer sticks and booty. Entering the kitchen, she seen Jay and Cordae talking up a storm, but all stopped once Blaze corrupts the scene.

     "Hey, B; how was your night," Cordae smirked, knowing she spent the night at their conjunction.

       Blaze smiled toothlessly as she washes her hands, "Nothing even happened, so don't go there," she joked.

      "Sure nothing happened..." Jay snickers along with Cordae. Blaze shook her head as she opens the fridge, "Damn!~" only a quarter of the cheesy eggs were left, four pieces of bacon, and two sausage patties. The orange juice was barely holding on!

     "Y'all big hungry hippos ate all the damn food?" Blaze sighed.

      "Only Manny and Glizzy would cobb like that. When Jay and I came in, they was eating and biting back at the crown," Cordae explains, "I only got one piece of bacon."

         "—Glizzy 'em ate all the food again?" Nahmir says as he came downstairs wearing his yellow backwoods hoodie, black biker jeans, and red/yellow camouflage Nike AF1s.

       "Bruh, you already know," Jay says.

"–Since all the food is gone, let's go to Waffle House. Miss Blaze, you like Waffle House?" Quan asks, causing Nahmir and Cordae to slightly jump.

      "Mane, why you slway poppin' up like that?!" they both shout, "What are you, the ghost walka?"

      "Oh shut up. You all have a meet and greet," Quan says.

     "...I hate those," Nahmir mumbles.

"You ain't the only one," Jay agrees.

       "Then don't be famous and maybe you won't have m&g's," Quan torched. Blaze's breath hitches in laughter.

      "Oof, hehe," Cordae snickers causing Blaze to snicker along, "I love meeting fans. Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them."

       "Right, we're going to Alantic Records for Blaze and Nahmir's album cover and name. Afterwards, we're going to pick the date their album releases. Lastly, YBN is hosting a pep rally for Los Angeles Highschool. So is Blaze. I hope you didn't forget," said Quan as he went through the list of tasks of the day. Everyone immediately went to their rooms to change.

          Nahmir kissed his teeth. He had to change his clothes when he wasn't in the mood to be running around like a chicken with his head cut off today. He walks upstairs, the feeling of dread consuming him once again. Was it possible to be so angry at the world, but show no sign that you're dealing with it?

     He walks back into his room, stripping, leaving his boxers on. He just grabs the schools blue and white tye-dyed t-shirt and black knee high Nike shorts with black Adidas NMDs from his closet. He hadn't noticed Blaze was already sitting in her pep rally attire. The shirt was overriding her adidas shorts, it looked as if she was just wearing the shirt. Coincidentally, they both wore the same attire. Only her shoes were blue.

         "You going to tell me what was bothering you yesterday and why you're acting distant?" asked Blaze as she picked the bag of Takis from the ground, surrounded by many candy and chips.

        Nahmir slides his shirt on before looking for his black ankle socks, "Someone shot somebody I knew. Someone I was close with."

      Blaze freezes as she heard what he said, "When was this?"

       He looked at her with a confused expression, "Two months ago..."

      Fuck.