New

Regina sat in the van and pulled on the chains around her wrists. They left red lines across her thin, bony wrists.
     The can came to a stop and the prisoner in front helped her out. The CO uncuffed her and the prisoner walked Regina to the main entrance for prisoners. "You've made it to big house. Here a toothbrush, bar of soap and some toothpaste. Go with the C.O. And they'll tell you your block. I'm Red. Ruby, but everyone calls me red."
     Regina took in the girls look. She managed to have bright red lipstick and didn't look horrible in the blue prison uniform. "Perhaps it's the lipstick." Regina said and was greeted by a C.O.
      "You're Mills?" The female officer asked. Regina nodded. "Good, come with me. You're the first girl we've had today. You'll have to do a strip check then I'll tell you your dorm." She said. She led Regina to the room. "Strip down please."
     Regina did as she was told. No protesting. The officer checked Regina and tossed her back the blue uniform. "Get dressed." She looked at a chart. "Ah Mills. You're in-" she chuckled. "Better not get on their bad side. Block C. Good luck. You'll be rooming with-" again she laughed. "Oh boy. Good luck Mills. You'll be with Swan, Merida, Milah, and French. Swan's in here for twenty years, Merida's got five more years, Milah's got life and French has two years. You can ask their stories." She said. She handed Regina her other uniforms. "Good luck."
      Regina walked down the halls and looked for her block. She found it by a girl being dragged out of a room. Each girl has their own rooms. In the center of the block was a meeting room and that was also the 'kitchen' room where they could prepare their meals. They didn't get their clothing they came with taken away. They could wear it if they wanted but Regina kept the uniform on. She carried her belonging. She brought a few pictures. She walked into the block center.
     A beautiful blonde pushed her glasses up and looked at her. "Ah, a new one. Whatcha name?" She asked and stood up. She was quite a few inches taller than Regina.
"Who's asking?" Regina snapped and placed her basket in the room she was assigned. A young child ran out of one of the rooms. If the mother didn't have a severe crime they could bring their child. The law could be bent if they had the child in prison as well.
"The names Swan. I assume you've heard of me. French grab your kid! If she eats my food one more time I'm beating her!" The blonde snapped.
A brunette ran out. She saw Regina. "Hello. I'm Belle. This is Maria. She's two." She said and picked up her daughter.
"I'm Regina." Regina said and leaned on her doorframe.
"Got a nickname?" The blonde asked and crossed her arms. "I'm Emma but if you call em that I'll personally kill you."
"No nickname." Regina snapped. "Swan." She said and drew out the n.
Emma clenched her fists. "You're asking for war. Merida! Come see the new girl!" Emma said loudly and snapped her fingers.
A girl with wild red hair walked out of a room. "She's a pretty one. Why you in here doll? I'm in for drugs. French is in for drugs same as me. Milah is in for life because she killed her husband, mother, and children. She's in medical. Swan got her good."
"You don't need to know why I'm here." Regina said.
Emma walked closer to her. "You wanna he sent to medical On your first day? Answer her."
Regina licked her lips and straightened her body. "I killed my husband. Almost got my mother too but my sister called the police."
"You don't look like the type." Emma said. And crossed her arms.
"You gonna tell me why you're here?" Regina asked.
"No one knows why she's here." Merida said. "It's better that way. Need help getting your room set?" She asked.
Regina shook her head. "I'll manage." She walked to her room and shut the door behind her. They got a lot of privacy if they were good. She started to set her room up and looked at the door. She wondered what led the blonde her and why she was such a bitch.