When You Meet His Father (Father's Day 2019 Special)

Start from the beginning

"O-Oh, sorry!!"

She bowed towards me and Todoroki and questioned, "You mean you still dislike your father?".

He only reverted his eyes towards the ground and gently squeezed my hand for comfort.

"I guess you could say that...", Todoroki replied to the brunette, "I'm just not in good terms with him, that's all".

All of us were silent from his response but luckily Asui and Kirishima lighten up the mood and gave us a suggestion.

"How about we all take a break from shopping?", Kirishima asked, "It's a weekend after all and we have loads of time to walk around and rest".

"And I know just the perfect place, kero", Asui said and pointed to a different direction from the shopping district we are in, "Follow me, guys!".

...

Asui and Kirishima took us to a random cafe that sells coffee, frappuccino, tea, fresh juice and milk tea.

"This is so good!", Sero said and sipped on his frappuccino, "Man, too bad the others aren't here. It could've been a Class 1-A hangout!".

"They got plans, Sero", Uraraka commented, "But it's still too bad, haha".

We all nodded and just continued chilling inside the cafe with our ordered drinks.

I sipped on my drink while Todoroki just looked out at the window with his warm tea.

"Is everything okay?", I asked him.

He snapped out of his own world and quickly turned to me.

"Yeah", he said and gave me a small smile to reassure me, "I'm fine, my love".

I smiled back and before I could say anything else, I felt my phone vibrating from my pocket.

"Mom?", I mumbled as soon as I saw the caller ID and quickly picked it up, "Hello?".

"Hi, darling! How's shopping coming along?", she said with her usual cheerful and gentle voice.

"I was able to buy something for dad and it really matches his aesthetics", I told her and laughed. 

"That's great!", she replied, "Are you still out at the moment?".

"Yeah, I'm with Shoto and the others here", I said and looked at my boyfriend with a smile.

He smiled back again and gently caressed my hand.

"Thank goodness, well, if it's okay with you...", she said and I could've sworn I heard a thud from the speaker, "Can you buy something for me at the grocery store? It turns out we ran out of stock here".

"Oh, okay", I said and checked the time which is still early, "Just send me the list via text and I'll head there now. I just finished my drink so I think it's okay".

"Thank you, sweetheart!", my mom said, "Do you think Todoroki would like to join us for dinner again like last time?".

"Eh, dinner-"

"Of course, miss (L/N)"

I gasped when I noticed how close Todoroki is and I'm shocked that he was able to hear our conversation.

Is my mom really that loud-Oh, it's just my speaker. Oops.

I laughed at myself that my phone speaker was a bit loud but it could only be heard by people who are beside me - which explains why Todoroki heard it in the first place.