Jin had stopped pacing and was standing at the rail of the balcony, hands gripping it until his knuckles were white.

“No….. no…..” he was mumbling, not realizing he was speaking out loud.

Jin wanted to scream loud enough to wake the entire neighborhood.  He wanted to fight someone.  He wanted to cry. 

He sat alone on the balcony a long time considering if the thoughts pummeling him were true.

Finally he shook his shoulders and stood.  He deserved love.  He was a good man, or he could be for a woman like you. 

His mind flew over all the ways he wanted to treasure you and protect you. All he knew was that he wanted to prove all these things to you, show you he was worthy.  All he needed was another chance.

He went inside as one of his friends found him and called him in to begin work.  As he left the solitude of the morning he vowed to himself that he would do whatever it took to get that chance. 

The voices of self hate in his head were stilled this time by a tiny glimmer of hope held in a far corner of his heart.  He knew he could love and be loved.  For some reason he knew it had to be with you.

The meeting was a disaster.  From the first minutes you knew it was a train wreck and you were right.  Thankfully it was not your team that screwed up, but that just meant more expectations on you to correct it.  This mess could take weeks.

The upside was that things got so hectic that you did not think of Jin throughout the day. 

Lunch was an apple and supper ramen from the microwave. 

By 9 p.m your team had worked out a way forward.  You dropped your head to your desk.  This was going to be a nightmare.

All the way home, through your night routine, right up until the time you slipped into your bed you were making notes and lists. 

Forcing yourself to shut work down for the night, you slid deeper in the covers and closed your eyes. 

In the deep silence of your house you tried to relax.  In the stillness an ache settled over you. 

On nights like this you realized just how solitary your life had become.  Oh how you wished there had been someone waiting for you when you got home, someone to scold you for not eating, someone to listen to the troubles of the day. 

Your mind refused to quiet as you wondered what it would be like to have a lover hold you tonight, to kiss you and whisper assurances in your ear.  What if he rocked the tension from your body then held you close until you fell asleep. 

You laughed at yourself, “Dream on sister!”

Then you cursed as you remembered you needed to reset your alarm and charge your phone.

Fumbling on your nightstand you found the phone and the charger.

As the screen flashed on with the charge icon there on the screen was a simple message from Jin that had been sent ten hours ago.

Memories of Jin popped into your head.  You vividly recalled how he leaned forward to listen to you, absorbing details, retaining the information to the point that he was able to track you down.  The easy companionship you felt as you shared meals together, the heat you felt as he stood over you, looking down into your face.
You looked at the message on your phone and came to a decision.  You would give him a chance to prove which one of the men he had shown you was the real Jin.
The next several weeks would be grueling and there would be no time for anything other than work.  Would he wait for you?

You took a deep breath and hit send

You took a deep breath and hit send.  This might scare him off.  If so you wanted to know it now and not later.

Almost immediately your message tone sounded.

You read his words and then over again

You read his words and then over again.  For now it was the best either of you could do. 

You connected your charger and tossed until you were comfortable.

Feeling a sense of peace settle over you, soon you fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.