FIFTY-FIVE

loving you was like going to war;i never came back the same

i never came back the same.

IT WAS MOMENTS LIKE THESE when Robb was asleep beside Hermione that she loved the most

IT WAS MOMENTS LIKE THESE when Robb was asleep beside Hermione that she loved the most. Watching as the peace lay over his features, softening them, returning him to his boyhood youth. Hermione exhales as the moonlight washes over them in her chamber room and shifts her body closer to his. The tip of her middle finger gently running from the centre of his forehead down to the precipice of his nose.

Their daughter had taken so much from him, Hermione had realized this the first time her eyes had laid on Robb when she returned from King's Landing.

Clare Stark, she hadn't been able to speak her name out loud much less tell Robb about her. How she had held her for the first time with so much remorse. How for so long she couldn't even bear to be in the same room with the child and when the love for her finally did sink in she had been taken from her.

Hermione knew Robb wanted to know everything that happened to her, the morning after their argument he had come to her to explain everything that happened to him after she had been taken. Told her of the plan he had to take Casterly Rock instead of King's Landing to draw the Lannisters forces away—a plan which without the Karstark men, would no longer be viable.

Although, Hermione could not yet burden him with her story, knowing that he would only harbour a deep pain for the child they had lost as she was still getting over.

Her finger began to trace the lining of Robb's lips when his mouth suddenly opened and tenderly took it between his teeth. Then his eyes were opened, gazing into Hermione's gold as if she were the sun and he was a blind man seeing for the first time.

"Has no one told you it isn't kind to wake your husband while he's resting," Robb teased, his arm wrapping around Hermione's waist and pulling her into him. Their skin and hair were still damp from the rain. His lips pressed to hers in a chaste kiss, Hermione's fingers running through his dark matted curls.

"I think we both know I was never one to take direction properly," Hermione smiled before the smile on Robb's face disappeared.

"You were right," Robb exhales heavily and pushed her hair out of her face. "The Karstarks are gone. Along with half our forces. Tywin Lannister knows exactly what he's doing to make us unravel. Nothing, only wait."