THIRTY-NINE

You can't make decisions based on fearand the possibility of what might happen

and the possibility of what might happen.

AS SANSA STROLLED THROUGH THE GARDENS she noticed how beautiful the roses, petunias, and other assortments of flowers bloomed in the sunlight

AS SANSA STROLLED THROUGH THE GARDENS she noticed how beautiful the roses, petunias, and other assortments of flowers bloomed in the sunlight. The days seemed to be lolling about while the nights flew past quicker than Sansa would like. Three days had passed since Aeron was forced to rescue her from her attackers. Since she had overheard Lord Baelish and Varys' hushed conversation in her hallway at night. After which, Sansa had been doing her best to keep her distance from Hermione.

Her mind wasn't right and speaking to the woman who always seemed happy to see her didn't help; however, Sansa would admit that she was trapped between both wanting to speak to Hermione and feeling that she was unable to do just that.

With everything else, Hermione Tatham was the most trustworthy person in King's Landing to Sansa. There was nothing Sansa could tell her, except for but this.

"All I'm saying is there is a chance that the Tatham girl is carrying not a Stark heir in her womb, but the bastard child of some common rapist," Lord Baelish's words had been repeating themselves in Sansa's ear over and over again. It was these words which had been keeping her up all hours of the night and which had forced her into the solitude she was now in. For how could she look Hermione in the face while questioning her child's father.

But what if she intends to pass the child off as Robb's, Sansa thought as her teeth clenched down onto her bottom lip. This very thought of this made the northern girl stop in her tracks.

She had to confront Hermione, there was no other option. The fate of—

"Lady Stark."

Sansa turned around to see Lord Baelish approaching her. He was dressed in the same black robe as when she had seen in her hallway, though now the sunlight made the small silver bird pin clear. A slick smile slide across Petyr's face as the distance closed between the both of them, Sansa's back straightening. "How are you doing this evening?"

"Well," Sansa answered meekly. "I was just getting some fresh air, being inside the castle all the time doesn't do well for my head."

Lord Baelish agreed with a curt nod before motioning for the Stark girl to follow him in a leisurely stroll. "Am I mistaken, or did I see you in the hallway last night?"