THREE

every act of rebellion expresses anostalgia for innocence and an appeal to the essence of being

nostalgia for innocence and an
appeal to the essence of being.

every act of rebellion expresses anostalgia for innocence and an appeal to the essence of being

A DAY HAD PASSED SINCE the Tatham's arrival, and it had only been filled with avoidance. Though, Rickon and Bran had taken to the youngest Tatham, showing him around the grounds and sharing toys of the likes. Robb had little intention of going anywhere near Hermione as Sansa had.

When the oldest Stark wasn't training, hunting or goofing off with Theon and Jon, he was avoiding Hermione. Staring at her from a distance beauty had seemingly sunken into her like water to rice, and it seemed to be a constant distraction.

She wasn't the same, "Robb." Jon's voice pulled him from his thoughts, and he quickly grabbed a few arrows before handing one over to Bran.

He positioned the arrow correctly, pulling the string back in nearly the right position before letting it go all too soon. Causing the arrow to land a good three feet above the bullseyes. The two older boys couldn't hold back their laughter as he tried, again and again, each time never hitting the mark.

"And which one of you was a marksman at the age of ten." Both Jon and Robb looked up to see their father gleaming down at Bran. "Go on."

"Don't overthink, Bran," Jon whispered to the nervous boy.

He settled himself again into position. "Relax your bow arm," Robb added.

"You're clouding his head the both of you," the higher pitched voice took Robb too much by surprise. Hermione was suddenly standing on the other side of Bran dressed in a pristine white dress and pink flower designs on it. There was suddenly a thickness in Robb's throat enabling him from speaking further, not that he would dare try such a thing. Slowly, the boys watched as she bent down to Bran's level looking between him and the target. "Raise your bow again."

Bran looked from the lady whose sweet perfume had somehow filled the entire outside air, then to his older brothers before raising his bow once more. "Relax your back," her fingers smoothed over the tense area and felt him relax. "Now, close your eyes."