FIFTEEN

i think she's caughtbetween who she isand who she wants to be

between who she is
and who she wants to be.

HERMIONE ESTIMATED THAT THERE was no way she could slip from the window without dying, or worse being too injured to do nothing else but moan and cry for help

HERMIONE ESTIMATED THAT THERE was no way she could slip from the window without dying, or worse being too injured to do nothing else but moan and cry for help. As days passed her the four walls of her bedchamber began to seem smaller and smaller. Both Belva and Prisha had left Winterfell at her long departure leaving only Thalia and Mary to keep her company.

Just like Robb had promised, there had been five men standing outside her door day an night. Since she refused to eat with "The Arse Lord of Winterfell" food was brought to her chamber and taken away untouched. "You aren't eating are you Lady Hermione," Mary inquired with knowing eyes. The two girls had accompanied Hermione outside, a trip that had only been approved because Rickon and Leo had grown tired of being kept up with her. It was a beautiful day; nonetheless, the sun was out, and despite the chilly breeze, it was still lovely and warm. Everything was perfect, except for the five troll-sized men that now followed wherever Hermione went. If she wanted to go for a walk so did they. If she decided to get a book from the library they followed. When she slept they stood outside her bedchamber, she couldn't even get any privacy in the tub or while using the chamber pot.

"Don't go too far," Hermione called out to Leo, his hands outstretched towards the butterflies that circled his head. "Have you heard from your sister Mary, Winifred?"

"Yes, m'lady, I write to her almost every day. She's doing good." Mary said already knowing what Hermione was doing. She hadn't spoken much about her departure, which wasn't surprising and nearly the entire castle had heard her and Robb on top of the gate. But, Hermione had become far too thin and not eating out of anger wasn't helping.

"Yes well hopefully you get to see her soon," Hermione's hollowing eyes were trained on the two boys ahead.

From her peripheral vision, Hermione saw Thalia's lips thin. "Hermione you need to eat!"

"Thalia—"

"No," reaching over Mary, Thalia grabbed Hermione so that she could no longer avoid her gaze. "Mary may not be able to say it, but I damn well can! You need to stop this bickering with Robb and get over it. You two are too old to be acting like children."