TWENTY-NINE PT. II

AN APPLE

AN APPLE.

The moment she laid eyes on it in Willem's palm, Hermione knew that was what she'd been hungering for days on end. Now, for the first time in years, there was one sitting in front of her. Large and beautiful and round, just waiting for her to bite into it. "Where?" Hermione's eyes are wide as she smoothes her fingers across the glossy red surface, then grabbing it whole.

It was too good to be true.

"I found it while hunting and remember how much you enjoyed them," Willem smirked watching as Hermione smoothed it across her lips before taking a large bite from it. She savoured every single bite of it; the rich, juicy, and sweet flavours sent pulses of satisfaction down her muscles. "I'm sorry I left like that after you—

Willem stops and a broad grin sliding across his face. His green eyes watch as Hermione begins to devour the fruit. "I supposed too much time has passed if even you don't remember me."

"Remember you?" Hermione looked upon the knight again this time in confusion.

Willem swallowed, his hands pushing back his blonde hair. "Back in Camelot, as children? We used to play together more or less. Back then everything with you seemed more like a competition than a game," he smiled. "It's me, Hermione... Robin."

Hermione mind was muddy as it tried to go back so far, but the name was like a key to it all clarifying the blurred memories and making them crisp and sharp. Robin had been one of the boys her father had fostered, an orphan boy who had lost both of his parents during Robert's Rebellion. A small, scrawny little thing with knobby knees and toothy grin. In a time before the Starks came to Camelot and Mary, Robin had also been Hermione's only friend.

The man that stood in front of her now. the man who had been unknowingly training her for the months, was no longer that scrawny little boy.

"Robin?" Hermione breathed in shock. "W-What are you doing— Why are you here?" She blubbers trying to find the right words.

Willem smiles, "For you," he answered. "Your father, Lord Odin sent me to Winterfell to protect you and your mother, but by the time I got there Lady Clara had passed and Robb had declared war."