Spinning table

I don't know how it all happened. Somehow, I found myself sitting in the passenger seat staring at the odd pink and green colonial house that stood out from the other houses in this quiet street. Some funky looking herbs grew in the front yard surrounded by a rusty fence. It's been fifteen minutes since mom has disappeared inside and it was starting to worry me. I've refused to accompany her to that old bat's lair.

"This is crazy!" I exhaled. The door slammed open and mom came running to the car. Aunt Belinda followed her in a relaxed strode. Her long brown hair floated around her slender shoulder. A yellow silk ribbon tied around her head, her long floral pattern dress swayed over her slim ankles. She pushed her gold-rimmed round glasses up her crooked nose as she looked at me with a grin.

"Clay!" they both said in unison. I pulled the door open.

"Hi," I replied dryly.

"Come inside," urged mom she grabbed my arm and started dragging along the stone path with knee-high grass and bushes.

"There's something strange about you my boy!" she adjusted her glasses as she peeked through them. "I sense some..." her voice trailed off. She frowned and hurried to the porch ahead of us. Aunt Belinda held the door open for us. I shook my head feeling a wave of nausea washed over me.

"No! No! No! This is a bad idea," I felt goosebumps rose up my forearms. I turned to mom with pleading eyes. "Mom, come on. This is crazy! You can't really think she can help, right?" I tried to appeal to the little logic bury in her. He stopped in her track in front of the door making my aunt sighed in exasperation.

"Clay, it wouldn't kill to try. If this is really bothering you. And I'm not asking you to believe in anything... Just sit and listen that's all I'm asking of you," Mom sounded calm but what she was asking of me I couldn't give her. 

"Clay!" called that old bat from the door. "Don't be a coward!" she narrowed her eyes at me. I WAS SCARED SHITLESS. 

"You don't understand..." I started my eyes darted from my concerned mother's face to the suspicious new aged witch's.

"Then make us understand. Enter the house and we will talk about it around some tea...and some biscuits," she smiled. I didn't care about her damn tea or biscuits. But I was curious too...deep down. I looked up through her gold-rimmed glasses.

"Please," Mom pleaded. I exhaled and slowly nodded. I can't believe I'm doing this. The inside of the house had some strange scents I couldn't quite put my finger on. There were dry branches hanging upside down by the windows. Geometric patterns painted on the wall and crystals in every corner of the room.

"This way," she guided us next door. I wiggled my nose at the strong scent of essential oils. My legs felt terribly heavy as I followed her to a small glass terrace opening on a garden. There were old iron chairs and a round table with a potted plant sitting on it.

"Have a seat, I'll bring tea shortly. Just...make yourself at home," she gestured to the glass door leading outside. Mom went through and pulled a chair for me. I eyed it with suspicion.

"Just sit, will you! It won't bite," commented with sarcasm. I sighed and crossed the distance with haste then sunk on the creaking chair. Mom sat beside me, she brushed dry leaves resting on the table with the back of her hand a shadow of disgust quickly faded as she looked up at me.

"See, it wasn't so bad," she clearly wasn't buying in all this crap. So why was she clinging to the facade? My eyes dropped to my lap. Something deep inside told me I shouldn't be here.

(Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. Don't blink. Don't blink. Don't Blink. It's here. )