Ch. 14 C-rank Mission?

~Y/n pov~

We entered the tower and waited for the Hokage to give us a new mission.

Sakura gave me a brief worried glance before turning to look back at the Hokage.

I felt someone's stare on me but I chose to ignore them.

The Hokage cleared his throat, "So.. We have babysitting, weeding, cleaning.. -"

He got cut up by Naruto, "No No No!" Naruto crossed his arms in an x shape, "I want a real mission not these chores."

Iruka stood up, "Naruto! Don't be an idiot your only genin."

The Hokage signalled Iruka to sit down, "No No. Naruto wants to prove to us he's changed.. Very well then, I will give you a C rank Mission."

Iruka sat down annoyed.

"You will have an escourt mission." The Hokage finished.

Naruto was pumped, "Who?? A king? A princess?"

Sasuke butted in, "You wouldn't be protecting someone of that high importance, its only a c rank mission."

Just then , a drunk smell wafted round the room and the door swung open.

An old drunk guy walked in, "Ehh, a bunch of snot nosed kids?! And what's wrong with the short one with the idiotic look on his face?"

Naruto burst out laughing, "Who's the short one with the idiotic look on his face?"

We all deadpanned as he was the shortest boy here.. I was shorter than Naruto.

When Naruto realised it was him, he lunged at the man, "I'll kill you!"

Kakashi held Naruto back, "Don't attack the person we are protecting!"

"I'm a bridge builder, the names Tazuna and I expect you to protect me with your life!" the person now known as Tazuna exclaimed.

"Go pack, meet at the gates in an hour." Kakashi stated.

~*~

I had finally packed and I walked towards the bridge. I was slightly early and only Sasuke was here.

"Hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." Sasuke responded actually not sounding like he wanted to die for once.

Them there was a comfortable silence as we waited for them to arrive.

~*~

_____________________________________
374 words

A/n watch 2021 anime are you most excited for ? I'd say I'm pretty excited for TBHK season 2 and the remake of Shamon King. I remember watching it when I was 8.