Ch. 9 Bell Test

~Y/n pov~

Grabbing an apple and I headed out to the training ground. We were meant to meet at 5.00am and it was currently ten to five.

I arrived at the designated meeting place to see Sasuke. I sat in silence near him but not too close.

We waited in silence and I saw Sakura approaching her hair a mess. I smiled slightly standing up.

"Hey Sakura?" I asked politely.

"What!?" she snapped.

"Need a hand?" I gestured to her hair.

She huffed averting her eyes to the floor, "yes please." she muttered out.

I smiled grabbing a hair brush and sitting behind her.

I glided the hair brush through her hair as it untangled.

"Thanks your not half bad." Sakura smiled genuinely.

"Yeah same goes to you." I smiled back happy she didn't hate me.

"Maybe we could.. You know be friends?" she asked shyly.

"Yeah!" I smiled.

We waited and Naruto eventually arrived as me and Sakura sat off to the side. Talking and arranging to meet up.

~*~

Kakashi finally arrived, extremely late may I add.

"Alright take these 3 bells from me." Kakashi stated, "If you don't you won't get lunch."

Everyone's stomach rumbled simultaneously but mine didn't.

"But Sensei there are only three bells and four of us." Sakura pointed out.

"That's the point." Kakashi stated matter of factly.

I zoned out until I heard, "Go!"

I jumped off into a tree and looked around my surroundings. Sakura was hiding in the bushes just below me and I soon knew why.

She was following Sasuke. And Sasuke was in the tree next to me.

Wait where is Naruto. I inwardly sighed seeing him with Kakashi.

"You and me , fair and square." and then came a long battle between Naruto and Kakashi, Naruto losing by a lot.

Naruto was flung into the water and Sakura yelled, "Naruto!"

Great she gave away our location, I huffed out some air before finding somewhere else to hide.

Once I found a new tree I settled on one of the branches and saw Naruto hanging by a string and no one to be seen.

I slowly creeped out my hiding place. " Wanna team up?" I asked Naruto.

"No but thanks, I'm gonna be Hokage!" He replied cockily.

"OK" I mumbled helping him down then leaving him to run off.

I sighed in frustration the goal of all these exercise is to team up.

"Aaahhhh!" I heard a scream. Must be Sakura, it seems Kakashi got to her.

I headed towards the general direction of the scream.

I looked to see my Kakashi in sight so I stepped out to be greeted with Sakura on the floor.

Kakashi most likely scared her with a genjutsu. I turned around to see Sasuke's body slightly submerged underground.

I silently freed him as he nodded on thanks before running off.

"Release." Sakura slowly woke up.

"Before you get to ahead of yourself let me say let's team up, I know you love Sasuke, but if he finds out you got the bells he might pay more attention to you!" I explained before she had chance to but in.

Sakura looked deep in thought considering your idea," I'm in! "

~*~

Sakura ran up to Kakashi with her shadow clones as she dodged him. When he was distracted I grabbed the bells and slipped away.

Ring! The timer went off and just in time.

Kakashi whined about there not being any teamwork blah blah.

I smirked holding up the bells as Sakura held up one I had gave us.

"How?" Kakashi asked shocked.

"Sakura was the decoy and I grabbed the bells, we teamed up." I explained with a smile.

"You two passed however Sasuke and Naruto have to stay here." Kakashi said dismissing me and Sakura.

We walked away smugly, I nudged her saying, "Sleepover my house?"

Sakura smiled "sounds great!"

~*~

_____________________________________
669 words

A/n idk why I made Sakura nice in this story before but I cba to change it so deal with it.